lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2023, 04:08 PM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 500amp series controller+ programmer for under $200

I’m thinking no.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2023, 04:28 PM   #22
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I’m thinking no.
fyi i tried it anyway and discovered the reg setting only affect access on the version after 312 but still wont connect.
with 312 and patch v4 the reg edit doesnt work.

have you tried the older 312v on the controllers your trying to access?
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 04:40 PM   #23
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

just an update... this adapter works fine https://www.ebay.com/itm/263711394959
Old 03-15-2023, 08:17 AM   #24
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
fyi i tried it anyway and discovered the reg setting only affect access on the version after 312 but still wont connect.
with 312 and patch v4 the reg edit doesnt work.

have you tried the older 312v on the controllers your trying to access?
I have not. I really haven’t messed with carts in a while but mostly was 48txt, RXVs and Club Cars.. The cable I currently have works fine with them.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 06:51 PM   #25
joelbert
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the great instructional post! Nice step by step.

I think this post may be changing the way I am going with my project, but that is for a separate thread, so as to not hijack this one.

I got a cable like this for my project. I've used them for other custom usb-serial interfaces. With a few splices it could make for a neater cable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285101067585 NOTE this is not a recommendation for this specific cable, I haven't tried this with this controller/ software combo.
joelbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:02 PM   #26
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelbert View Post
Thanks for the great instructional post! Nice step by step.

I think this post may be changing the way I am going with my project, but that is for a separate thread, so as to not hijack this one.

I got a cable like this for my project. I've used them for other custom usb-serial interfaces. With a few splices it could make for a neater cable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285101067585 NOTE this is not a recommendation for this specific cable, I haven't tried this with this controller/ software combo.
I have a few of those as well as I use them at work and for jtag connections they will only work with an RS232 connection/ chipset unless I'm mistaken. Please feel free to report back your results as I started this thread for others benefit.

The $6 blue cable I mentioned about does work as I've tested it
Old 03-23-2023, 08:08 PM   #27
joelbert
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I have a few of those as well as I use them at work and for jtag connections they will only work with an RS232 connection/ chipset unless I'm mistaken. Please feel free to report back your results as I started this thread for others benefit.

The $6 blue cable I mentioned about does work as I've tested it
JTAG is a serial port. RS232 is the serial protocol standard. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-232

The cable you linked and the one I linked are both USB to serial connections, just with different connectors on the end.

There are different chipsets implementing USB to Serial (RS232) connections. In the early days some weren't as compatible as others, but I think we are mostly beyond that now.

I'll report back in week or so when I get the parts I've ordered. It should work, but I haven't used that specific cable so I didn't want to mislead people.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:22 PM   #28
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
JTAG is a serial port. RS232 is the serial protocol standard. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-232

The cable you linked and the one I linked are both USB to serial connections, just with different connectors on the end.

There are different chipsets implementing USB to Serial (RS232) connections. In the early days some weren't as compatible as others, but I think we are mostly beyond that now.

I'll report back in week or so when I get the parts I've ordered. It should work, but I haven't used that specific cable so I didn't want to mislead people.
I tried a few different adapters and cables I had including an old prolific USB to serial adapter with no luck. YMMV
Old 03-23-2023, 08:38 PM   #29
joelbert
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I tried a few different adapters and cables I had including an old prolific USB to serial adapter with no luck. YMMV
Then I stand corrected, and we are not mostly past those incompatibilities. It's been a while since I found an application where I had to experiment with cables, and prolific was usually my 'go to' choice because they seemed to be one of the most widely supported. That's why information sharing sites like this are great.
Old 03-24-2023, 07:26 AM   #30
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Then I stand corrected, and we are not mostly past those incompatibilities. It's been a while since I found an application where I had to experiment with cables, and prolific was usually my 'go to' choice because they seemed to be one of the most widely supported. That's why information sharing sites like this are great.
So I might be wrong but going by memory Ithink the cheap blue cable above also used a prolific chipset but likely a different newer one, because it worked.. thats why I said YMMV and im looking forward to hearing of your results.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!