lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2023, 06:11 PM   #1
Kmeilkley
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 Lights

I have a G16 with original halogen lights. We are fixing up and looking for LED. My cutout are the type with the 2.5" amber round offset. I am looking for the LED headlights without the full mounting kit, just the light to mount into my existing frame. Anyone know the standard LED replacement for this, I am struggling to find.

IMG_1964 (002).jpg

Thanks for any suggestions.
Kmeilkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2023, 10:52 PM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: G16 Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmeilkley View Post
I have a G16 with original halogen lights. We are fixing up and looking for LED. My cutout are the type with the 2.5" amber round offset. I am looking for the LED headlights without the full mounting kit, just the light to mount into my existing frame. Anyone know the standard LED replacement for this, I am struggling to find.

Attachment 235566

Thanks for any suggestions.
I have the same type of plastic housing and I mcgyvered some cheap ebay led lights into my fixtures

I used lights like these.. not a perfect fit but they fit well enough. if my original fixtures were still in tact when I bought the cart I would have just replaced the bulbs with the led equivalent.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/17504238828...Bk9SR8Lvyb3RYQ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230102_204210.jpg (197.1 KB, 0 views)
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 02:39 PM   #3
pilotdane
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I too made a DIY conversion to LED. I bought some small LED light bars that were the approx size of the opening left by the light bulb. Then I used some aluminum angle stock to make mounting brackets. I made the brackets so I could aim my LED's up and down.
pilotdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 08:06 AM   #4
Kmeilkley
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions guys.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:18 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

You could try an LED replacement bulb for the H3...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 02:14 PM   #6
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
Yes that's exactly what I would have done had my lens not been missing from the original fixtures.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 09:17 AM   #7
SwampFox
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
Would you happen to know what exactly I would need to convert to a LED bulb using the old light housing?
Thanks
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 05:37 PM   #8
JLaitner
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I was going to switch to an LED bulb in the factory housing but my reflectors are pretty rusted and the seals are falling apart. Someone on a Yamaha cart FB group said these fit in the factory housing. I am going this route as long as they fit, I haven't had time to measure the size of the factory recess and compare to to the dimensions of these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...LIQB6RD6E&th=1
JLaitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 10:14 AM   #9
SwampFox
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am also looking for the bezels for these lights. The OEM is very thin and cracking. Any ideas, can't find new ones. Does anyone know why Yamaha had 2 different styles of headlights for the G16? Mine is a 1997.
Overall size of the light is 5 5/8 X 3 and the two hole mounts are5 1/8 apart. The lights I have look like they came off a bumper mount accessory light. Can anyone confirm?
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 08:11 AM   #10
Kmeilkley
Not Yet Wild

Guys -

I thought i would post a follow up of what I did for the lights. I bought the "other" cutout style light kits and wiring and removed the lights from the plastic trim and fit in mine. The cutout is the same (or very close). I put the screw through and into threaded hole and them on the other side i drilled a through hole and use a nut and washer on the back. For the old hole(s), I just got a small plastic cap. Looks good enough if you squint and is holding very sturdy. Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2825.jpg (107.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2828.jpg (99.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2829.jpg (92.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha