lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2023, 11:43 AM   #11
TXST8tj
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 Medalist Reborn Build

Thank you!

I will be going with a TXT body. I threw the Medalist body away as soon as I tore it down. It was not worth trying to sell it. Since you cannot buy the plastic replacement parts anymore, there was no point in trying to make it work.

Right now, I am planning on a 2014+ cowl and body. Just trying to decide on color. Tempted to go back with the Patriot Blue, but also considering White, or something bright.

The Storm kit is nice. I like the light kit styling. I also like the Titan kit.
I think I equally like the stock body though.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2023, 09:33 PM   #12
TXST8tj
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I swapped out the pad on the throttle pedal which then allowed me to get the floor riveted in place.

Following the floor was laying down the new floor mat. I will roll it out into the sun tomorrow (because we may actually get some of that) to let it loosen up a bit.

I also reinstalled the seat bracket loop thing.

Tomorrow I will get to installing the HD f/r switch and stock wiring harness. I will probably go ahead and hook up the new reverse buzzer and ignition switch as well.

The new AllTrax SR48600 controller from cartsunlimited should be here Tuesday. I can then install the 400a solenoid.

The 2awg cables should be here soon. Next up to order is the Plum Quick motor.

I thought I would mention this rivet kit for anyone needing some for reinstalling the floor and firewall plates. It was cheaper than other options I found for the wide flange.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097TB5FM6...roduct_details
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70.jpg (92.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 71.jpg (100.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 72.jpg (112.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg o3.jpg (133.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-12-2023, 01:18 PM   #13
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Two colors I considered were Synergy Green as seen on a 2010 Camaro and the Mazda Soul Red Red Crystal Metallic which really pops but decided to go with Kinetic Blue Metallic as seen on the Colorado.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 01:57 PM   #14
TXST8tj
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I rolled it outside today to get a little sun. My plan was to get the CartsUnlimited f/r switch in place. Picked up some new bolts and nuts. Apparently, I threw away the other connector bar thing that attaches to the actual switch. Before I make one, I will try to find one online. No big deal really.
I did also install the caddy shifter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 73.jpg (111.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 74.jpg (125.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 75.jpg (96.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 76.jpg (73.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 77.jpg (97.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-15-2023, 08:33 AM   #15
TXST8tj
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Received my Alltrax SR48600 from CartsUnlimited yesterday. I am looking forward to getting it installed and getting one step closer to getting all of the electrical items in place.

I plan to bend up a piece of steel or aluminum to make the mount for it since the headsink piece broke in half when I was trying to uninstall it.

$342 spent on items above...solenoid, f/r switch, harness, shifter
$752 spent on controller
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78.jpg (62.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-17-2023, 10:07 AM   #16
TXST8tj
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

The 2awg cables showed up yesterday.
I am boring and prefer all black to the fancy covers. I like them just fine, but I don't have any particular color scheme going here, so black is the best option.
Also, if I end up needing to make a new cable if one of these isn't long enough, I don't have to worry about trying to match the sleeve.

Also, the replacement shifter link came in...since apparently the other one was still attached to the stock f/r switch when I threw it away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 79.jpg (117.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-21-2023, 02:48 PM   #17
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Looking like a killer project. Cannot wait to see it finished.

I painted a cart that Synergy green and it is a killer color.
synergy.JPG
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showpost...2&postcount=63

And we just finished a 5 year restomod of a truck that we used that Mazda Soul Red.
rubyd.jpg
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 09:45 AM   #18
TXST8tj
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have not updated in a while, but hoping to pick up some speed again. We have been working on my son's 4Runner, but the family is bugging about getting the cart going, so back to ordering parts!

We received the rear seat kit a couple months ago. Still sitting in the box until the body is installed, of course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81VShacavEL._AC_SX679_.jpg (52.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-12-2024, 09:50 AM   #19
TXST8tj
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I picked up a used front seat back in good condition on marketplace. The one that came with the cart is trash. Will just need to rewrap it when the time comes.

I also just ordered a 'blemished' seat bottom from countrycat.com since my cart did not come with one. The vinyl is torn in a couple spots, but I will be rewrapping it anyway.
A long time ago, I purchased a piece of plywood and some foam, but really it is just time to get things moving, so this complete stock seat assembly was the better move for me. It has everything but hinges, but I already have those.
For $180, it was hard to beat.

Next, I will order the new black seat covers to rewrap the front back and bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 629269g4203-b-1.jpg (56.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-12-2024, 09:55 AM   #20
TXST8tj
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

While on countrycat.com, I ordered the full trim kit, going with the newer body style.
I have decided on the Doubletake Titan body kit and I think the newer front bumper style looks best.

It was only $120 for all of the pieces, which I found to be a good price for all new pieces without having to buy them individually.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 751217pkg-1.jpg (76.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides