lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2023, 05:44 AM   #11
tom4416
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16A Amazon Carburetor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegmike View Post
Just a quick update. The Amazon carb worked fine. No adjustments needed. No leaks. No complaints. The brand I purchased was qazaky.
Yeh, Mine worked just fine for about 60 days and then the float started filling with gas and so allowed monstrous flooding of the engine. Two of them did the same thing. When I found out the OEM carb (this a G22) was $140 at Partzilla, it was a no brainer for me. Of course, if the OEM is not available, then either a Chinese one or, preferably, a rebuild of the OEM.
tom4416 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2023, 04:12 PM   #12
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

That's a brand we use. The only one where we don't do the 'carburetor shuffle' (Red Hawk, Nivel, we order 10, only 6 are good out of the box)

Just avoid any with the name 'mokini' stamped on it. I don't know who they're trying to fool...

We've been trying to rebuild them but most customers are so cheap that when we have to replace one, they won't spend more than $40 at all. I don't know why everyone is so cheap. We're about 50/50 success with rebuilds, no thanks to whomever decided that corn ethanol was a good idea....
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 05:41 PM   #13
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I rarely change carburetors. They are very simple, it does take someone that knows what they are doing. Your original carb is still your best bet, they dont go bad.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 07:03 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I rarely change carburetors. They are very simple, it does take someone that knows what they are doing. Your original carb is still your best bet, they dont go bad.
I’d agree. 20 minutes in the ultrasonic cleaner, blow it out good and put it back together is all it usually needs
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 06:33 PM   #15
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

It depends on what fails. The little plastic floats filling up with gas and sinking? The needle seats losing the rubber tip? One or both of the float 'ears' breaking off and rolling inside the carb? the butterfly is now gone? Yes, they can fail. There's also the minute chance that crappy corn ethanol has gummed up one passage where even carb cleaner can't reach it.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:07 PM   #16
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
It depends on what fails. The little plastic floats filling up with gas and sinking? The needle seats losing the rubber tip? One or both of the float 'ears' breaking off and rolling inside the carb? the butterfly is now gone? Yes, they can fail. There's also the minute chance that crappy corn ethanol has gummed up one passage where even carb cleaner can't reach it.
I work on atleast one carburetor a day. Ive never had the plastic float fail, go never had the ears break off, never had a passage so gummed up i couldnt get it out. Where do you fix golf cars at? I need to come there.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 11:01 AM   #17
Loujango
Not Yet Wild

I have t o echo the China Carbs, I've had nothing but bad luck with them. I've been battling with them. I ended up completely overhauling the OEM on and so far this year... knock on wood it has been good. I went through 3 different carbs, fuel lines, 5 fuel pumps before I learned my lesson.
Loujango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 04:14 PM   #18
winnipegmike
Not Yet Wild

Just an update. So far still seems to be good. Same as the day it was installed. Hopefully stays that way.
winnipegmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha