lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2022, 08:58 PM   #1
Rath_Mcgrath
Not Yet Wild

Default 212 tillotson Electric to gas

Alright guys I know this is big block talk but I want some opinions on how well this is gonna go. I recently pushed the shaft out of a parcar motor on my golf cart and put a 3/16 key way for my electric to gas conversion. I purchased a tilly 212 hemi and series 30 comet torque converter coming in the mail from gps. From what I understand this tilloston 212 (10hp) has 40% more power than a predator 212 (6.5). Has anyone else done this? What kind of results should I expect? Thanks
Rath_Mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2022, 10:30 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 212 tillotson Electric to gas

Most of the electric to gas conversions using the electric transaxle end up geared pretty low. Top speed in the 10-12 mph range. This of course can be remedied if you can change the "gear ratio", but if you are using a torque converter setup, not sure if you can do that. Maybe if yours is the style that will use an actual gear on the input shaft. You'd just change that gear to a smaller one for more rpm to the diff.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 07:27 PM   #3
Rath_Mcgrath
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Most of the electric to gas conversions using the electric transaxle end up geared pretty low. Top speed in the 10-12 mph range. This of course can be remedied if you can change the "gear ratio", but if you are using a torque converter setup, not sure if you can do that. Maybe if yours is the style that will use an actual gear on the input shaft. You'd just change that gear to a smaller one for more rpm to the diff.
Hey thanks for the reply. I’m using a series 30 torque converter. Also I got a 12 tooth on the rear and a 10 on the front
Old 05-19-2023, 06:30 PM   #4
Rath_Mcgrath
Not Yet Wild

Incase anyone that ever reads this thread is wondering the cart did about 22mph with plenty of torque

Tags
tilloston
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!