lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2023, 07:44 AM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 670 into 2013 EZGO Build

Once I got that 670 dialed in it was a great running engine! I actually made it my second favorite on the big block list. Too bad the prices have skyrocketed. I guess the prices on everything is up now, we'll never go back to the way it was Following....
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM   #12
doo dah
Gone Wild

Not much progress while waiting on gears, I did put in E3 plugs. Old ones looked ok, one was showing signs of being very rich so I know there will be some more carb tuning needed. Started taking the diff apart, found that you don't need to go through all the steps in the sticky. I did start taking the drum, c-clip, etc...out but then thought better and just unbolted the tube from the diff housing and it all came apart, much easier than dismantling the whole thing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5194.jpg (191.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5193.jpg (237.3 KB, 0 views)
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 04:24 PM   #13
doo dah
Gone Wild

Gears came in today so I took a long lunch and set to putting them in. Case came apart relatively easy, gears came out almost too easy, and governor removal was easy so now putting it all back together. One thing is new gear has 4 bolt holes and original had 6, guessing that is ok. Need to scrape the old gasket off and put RTV on then slap it in which means the engine can go in. Hoping to have it ready to start this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5200.jpg (229.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5201.jpg (124.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5202.jpg (183.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5203.jpg (214.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-10-2023, 07:54 AM   #14
doo dah
Gone Wild

gears are in, axle is in, seat pod and electronics are hooked up now time to get the engine set up. Got it in the cart just need to make adjustments then wire it up and fire it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5205.jpg (270.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5207.jpg (261.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5206.jpg (262.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-12-2023, 02:26 PM   #15
doo dah
Gone Wild

Engine starts and runs if the kill wire is disconnected but otherwise no start, have an email in to Vegas tech team on that. Still struggling with a few items like brake cables (rusted beyond repair) and throttle cable (have a new one coming from performance 670) before I can actually drive it. I will say that I'm glad I got 8:1 gears because I'll be running reverse for forward and vice versa.
Old 04-14-2023, 12:37 PM   #16
doo dah
Gone Wild

Pic with everything in.

Weighing the option of installing a Mikuni or using the Kohler carb with Performance670 install kit. Stubborn as all get out to start without continuous choking and if I idle it low enough to go into gear it dies. I've had it idling perfect a few times but as soon as I blip the throttle idle either drops and dies or rises up to where it won't go into gear. If I decide to replace the carb, or get 670s throttle/choke kit that bypasses all the linkages how will the governor behave if everything is in tact just not hooked to the throttle? My thought is it won't work but I'm concerned it may engage from vibration sporadically.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5213.jpg (209.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5214.jpg (237.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-27-2023, 02:32 PM   #17
doo dah
Gone Wild

I'm sure no one is reading this post anymore but I'll keep updating progress.

The cart is fully reassembled and running, drove it around my neighborhood a few times and initially it ran good but had a little bog on throttle. Then I adjusted the settings and it ran better but would idle too high when I let off the throttle so more adjusting. Finally have the carb running ok, some of the issue is with the Performance 670 universal throttle kit but I think I can shim it to give more travel. Now it is popping in and out of gear (I think) or the clutch is slipping, not sure. I'd like to put a Honda carb on but need to figure out what is going on with the clutches before I do that. Best I can explain is I'll be running and feel a pop then clutch slip and some grinding then reengagement only to start over again. Anyone know what might be happening?
Old 04-27-2023, 02:47 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

May need to adjust the shifter cable..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 09:11 AM   #19
doo dah
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
May need to adjust the shifter cable..
Quite possible, I had a tough time getting it all synced up after I swapped the gears. I took it out a second time with the back seat off so I could see what is happening and of course it ran fine.
Old 04-29-2023, 06:04 PM   #20
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo dah View Post
Pic with everything in.

Weighing the option of installing a Mikuni or using the Kohler carb with Performance670 install kit. Stubborn as all get out to start without continuous choking and if I idle it low enough to go into gear it dies. I've had it idling perfect a few times but as soon as I blip the throttle idle either drops and dies or rises up to where it won't go into gear. If I decide to replace the carb, or get 670s throttle/choke kit that bypasses all the linkages how will the governor behave if everything is in tact just not hooked to the throttle? My thought is it won't work but I'm concerned it may engage from vibration sporadically.
Those carbs can be adjusted. Have you taken the EPA caps off the idle mix screws yet? After I changed the fuel lines, vacuum lines, fuel pump, spark plugs, and adjusted the carb, my 670 ran perfectly. It takes some tuning but it can be done with patience. I used my temp gun to check temp on the exhaust manifolds and adjust them that way first. Then I tuned the air fuel mix. Then I set the idle speed. It would idle at around 900 iirc.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!