lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2022, 10:45 AM   #1
Repiks
Not Yet Wild

Default Uno Battery Lithium kit...has anyone used it?

Hey folks, I'm being asked by the guy building my golf cart if I would like to change my order from an Eco battery (very long backorder) to this new battery called UNO. Specs look bad *** (big AH, big power pulls) but there is almost no information out.

They claim to be made in the US and use traditional lithium batteries (81650's maybe?).

I'll go ahead with the order if anyone can shed some light on them. The builder also said they have a 10 year warranty, but what's that really worth for a brand new company that may not be around in another year...

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light on it.
Repiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2022, 02:49 PM   #2
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Uno Battery Lithium kit...has anyone used it?

I called some place called the big battery store that sells them. It’s made from titan batteries in Idaho. I might try it for my farm cart because it’s only about 50lbs and only go short distance. But it seems the big battery eagle kit with 3 batteries has better specs for popping wheelies and sustained amp draw. But it’s more than twice the weight. There’s also the husky. All three are about the same price.

One different thing is the uno uses your normal golf cart charger, not sure I would though.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:44 AM   #3
Stevieb008
Not Yet Wild

Did you end up going with the UNO? If so, what do you think of it?
Stevieb008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 12:32 PM   #4
Repiks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieb008 View Post
Did you end up going with the UNO? If so, what do you think of it?
I ended up buying it through my local guy.

You use a factory charger which is neat, but mine wasn’t approved. My dealer threw in an approved one for me since I had some other work done at the same time. It’s absolutely tiny. Way smaller than any other lithium setup I’ve seen. If the numbers are correct then it’s pretty insane how it can do 600amp burst this small. I was told they use a different chemistry similar to what Tesla uses and not like the Roypow batteries, but their website doesn’t have anything about that. I have it in a stock limo cart.

It’s got a nifty Bluetooth based app to the BMS to track the battery levels, which is good because my old SOC meter is worthless now. It won’t go down more than 1 click until after 50-60 percent battery level is reached. It shows cell levels, amps charging and time till full charge. I wish it would show the amps being pulled. Maybe an update if anyone from UNO reads this?

Pulls great up hills and flat. It’s faster than my lead acid for sure. I’ll need to soften up the rear suspension now as it’s a little harsh with just me in it. As far as mileage I have no concrete numbers. My usually route for the cart is 3.2 miles round trip to my office and back. Couple of big hills. It went down about 7 percent I think, But I didn’t get exact numbers. I’ll charge it fully and do a test to see what the real numbers are. I probably won’t ever discharge more than 40 percent as I just don’t ever need to go that far. Keep in mind this is also on a limo cart.

Anyways, I’ll keep this thread up to date and see what happens. I was a little nervous about longevity but we’ll see.
Repiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 06:14 PM   #5
GRebs
Not Yet Wild

I have one and I massively regret it. I ordered in Mid April and I've already had to send one back. I'm on second one and it is also having issues that is currently rendering it useless which means I have useless 2019 Club Car Onward. I would stay away until they figure out their BMS.
GRebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 06:31 PM   #6
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Great, finally some real user feedback. Sorry to hear you have issues GRebs, but the general consensus, which I agree with, in another Uno battery thread that the claims they are making in regard to weight and range comparisons to other batteries are not physically possible and must be either an error/oversight, or a downright lie!

When it was working, were you getting the range they claimed?

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 07:07 PM   #7
ThisGuyBuilds
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you post a link to that other UNO battery thread? A buddy of mine just purchased one but idk... something just doesn't convince me about their numbers. I'd like to do some more research before I pull the trigger on lithium
ThisGuyBuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 07:22 PM   #8
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repiks View Post
I ended up buying it through my local guy.

You use a factory charger which is neat, but mine wasn’t approved. My dealer threw in an approved one for me since I had some other work done at the same time. It’s absolutely tiny. Way smaller than any other lithium setup I’ve seen. If the numbers are correct then it’s pretty insane how it can do 600amp burst this small. I was told they use a different chemistry similar to what Tesla uses and not like the Roypow batteries, but their website doesn’t have anything about that. I have it in a stock limo cart.

It’s got a nifty Bluetooth based app to the BMS to track the battery levels, which is good because my old SOC meter is worthless now. It won’t go down more than 1 click until after 50-60 percent battery level is reached. It shows cell levels, amps charging and time till full charge. I wish it would show the amps being pulled. Maybe an update if anyone from UNO reads this?

Pulls great up hills and flat. It’s faster than my lead acid for sure. I’ll need to soften up the rear suspension now as it’s a little harsh with just me in it. As far as mileage I have no concrete numbers. My usually route for the cart is 3.2 miles round trip to my office and back. Couple of big hills. It went down about 7 percent I think, But I didn’t get exact numbers. I’ll charge it fully and do a test to see what the real numbers are. I probably won’t ever discharge more than 40 percent as I just don’t ever need to go that far. Keep in mind this is also on a limo cart.

Anyways, I’ll keep this thread up to date and see what happens. I was a little nervous about longevity but we’ll see.
right they use the 4.2-(3.7v nominal) nmc type batteries (think power tools and laptops) which normally have a shorter lifespan than the more commonly used lifepo4 for drop ins and are a bit more volatile as far a safety goes although the battery life does depend on type of use. That may be why they dont talk much about it. Although the nmc chemistry does pack more energy into a smaller package and thats why many electric cars still use it.

Just a theory based on what ive read so far of prismatic cells but pulling that much from such a small pack has to be hard on them and possibly have some negative tradeoff on cell life. Only time will tell for sure though. The positive thing I find about these is they are one of the only actual amaerican made options... all the rest I know of use chinese batteries, whether they where wired into a series pack in the states or not..

Also take this info for what its worth to you but there was also a recent thread here which was removed by the admin, in which it was discovered some of the folks at uno joined here under an alias to hype up the product pretending to be an potential customer interested in the batteries.. Not exactly the most noble or honest marketing strategy.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 08:47 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I doubt that the NMC cells are made in the US. I know that my Leaf cells were not. Most NMC cells were designed for higher current applications. Many LiFe cells were intended for low current solar array type use. I have been using NMC cells in model airplanes for about 20 years now. My quads pull peak currents of about 100 amps out of 1.3Ah cells. That's almost 80C! My batteries say they are rated at 100C (BS by the way) I run these batteries flat in under 5 minutes of flying. That is averaging about 10C.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 02:04 PM   #10
grandprixfamily
Not Yet Wild

2 of 3 Ive had have failed, and they are completely silent on warranty. I've waited and waited for a response, and can't even get a return call from them.

One blew a hole out the side, and one is DOA.
grandprixfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium