lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2022, 09:27 AM   #1
Eaglesong
Not Yet Wild

Default Another Lithium Question

So I have an EZGO Shuttle with a 600a Navitas and 5kw Navitas motor in it as well. I'm trying to pick the right battery I want to use in it. I've already decided on going with a BigBattery brand unless there's some other major suggestion, I just like their warranty and setup.

That stuff aside, I'm debating between the 72v setup or the Husky 48v or 3 of the Eagle Batteries 48v

I would like it to go FAST since I can adjust the speed in the controller.

However, if I go with the 72v setup, the max amps is much lower than with a 48v one like with multiple Eagle Batteries.

Which is better for speed, amps or voltage. With some research, it looked like it didn't matter with an AC motor but that could be wrong, seems wrong.
Eaglesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2022, 07:17 AM   #2
westcc1828
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Another Lithium Question

Roypow s72105p is an excellent choice. I just installed mine and love it. High 40s top speed
westcc1828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:06 PM   #3
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Did you just drop the lithium right in as a replacement for the traditional batteries?
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:57 PM   #4
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Pretty much. You’ll also need a lithium charger.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 08:08 AM   #5
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Higher voltage=higher speed in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesong View Post
So I have an EZGO Shuttle with a 600a Navitas and 5kw Navitas motor in it as well. I'm trying to pick the right battery I want to use in it. I've already decided on going with a BigBattery brand unless there's some other major suggestion, I just like their warranty and setup.

That stuff aside, I'm debating between the 72v setup or the Husky 48v or 3 of the Eagle Batteries 48v

I would like it to go FAST since I can adjust the speed in the controller.

However, if I go with the 72v setup, the max amps is much lower than with a 48v one like with multiple Eagle Batteries.

Which is better for speed, amps or voltage. With some research, it looked like it didn't matter with an AC motor but that could be wrong, seems wrong.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 11:19 AM   #6
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I don’t think so in this case. The Navitas 600A 5KW kit is AC. Higher voltage just means lower current draw from the battery with an AC drive. It would be the case with a DC drive system though.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 11:38 AM   #7
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I don’t think so in this case. The Navitas 600A 5KW kit is AC. Higher voltage just means lower current draw from the battery with an AC drive. It would be the case with a DC drive system though.
Good call pat I missed that he had an AC conversion.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, ezgo, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO