lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2021, 01:02 PM   #1
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Cushman truckster parts

Well sold my electric golf cart and got this for $1100 and it has body panels on the side made from sheet metal and curious if they sell anything to replace it ?

And anyone know what year this might be
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 72581B87-B7FF-4239-9694-3D3054A0601B.jpg (60.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BF150758-1271-4CC2-A573-784F86916520.jpg (33.4 KB, 0 views)
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2021, 03:33 PM   #2
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Cushman truckster parts

Welcome to BGW.

It appears to be a Cushman Hawk, and likely from the 1980's, but a plate inside on the firewall left of the steering column should tell you the year and exact model number. Body parts are likely only to be available if you can find a donor vehicle. Motor, brakes, steering, etc. are still available, but sometimes hard to find.

Can you tell us what motor is in it? More photos would help identify more. The original Cushman Company was sold and resold between the 1980's and 2,000. The factory is now a field in Lincoln, Nebraska. Several sources of wearable parts still exist though.

More photos and information about what you have will better help us to help you.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 05:08 PM   #3
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

14hp vanguard for the engine and tag says 16842
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E4BA802F-541D-4E4B-BA1D-C3E99324C025.jpg (149.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg B8318599-214C-428C-8C44-96D3224C60E5.jpg (104.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-17-2021, 10:22 PM   #4
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Besides not knowing the year I’m having a problem with reverse, I read that if the engine is renting to high that it might be the problem of shifting hard or not shifting at all ? Well it’s idles perfect and it wants to go in reverse but keeps popping out when I give it gas ??? Am I doing something wrong ? I just pull the cable handle out and should be it correct.

Picture is my linkage for F/R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B320B26C-025C-4981-9E07-774F4A86C708.jpg (149.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-18-2021, 10:41 AM   #5
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

That number tag is likely an inventory tag put on by a previous owner. It will not give you a date of manufacture. It's also on the steering column. Look down and to the left for the Cushman date of manufacture stamped into a larger metal plate. It should show the model number followed by a dash and four numbers. The four numbers after the dash are the date code. The 6 digit model number without the date code should also be stamped in the outside of the body just above the left front wheel. If you position yourself as if to be getting ready to fix a flat tire on the left front, the number should be about at eye level in front of you. Unfortunately the model number followed by the date code was only stamped on that plate to the left of the steering column. If this plate is missing, you won't find the date code anywhere else.

For your shifting problem, I think your shift cable is mis-adjusted and not letting it go fully into reverse. When a load is applied it will pop back out of reverse if not all the way in.

I don't have much experience with this drive system. My experience is more with the
OMC 18 & 22 hp engines and 3 speed plus reverse with clutch used in the 1980's and 90's Tricksters, Vansters, and Turf Trucksters. Your drive is more like a snow mobile where the centrifugal clutch on the motor tightens as engine speed increases, causing the belt to rise up the cone pulley and change the ratio for an "automatic transmission-like" drive ratio change. To know more about how this works, do a search for "Reeves Drive" on the internet. Reeves is the inventor.

As my knowledge and experience of the Hawk models is quite limited, I'm hoping someone else with more experience will step in. The guy with the handle "Unforgiven" who used to post help on here hasn't responded to this Gas Golf Cart / Cushman forum in a while, I have no idea if he is still on the site, but he might be worth searching for. He was always helping the Cushman Hawk owners a few years back. Another to seek is "Turfspray". Some site searches for them might get you to some excellent help.

Edit -

"Unforgiven" info here -https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/member.php?u=36002

"Turfspray" info here - https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/member.php?u=9362

Turfspray hasn't been on the site for quite a while, but Unforgiven is still quite active. You could try sending him a PM to see if he would help with your questions.

Charley
Old 04-06-2023, 05:24 AM   #6
SMJEG32@YAHOO.COM
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i have a 1979 truckster it is misssing the pull start housing and pull rope any one ow where i can find one hank yoou 209-313-3797
SMJEG32@YAHOO.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 11:21 AM   #7
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

You are going to need to supply further information about your motor. What is it? 14 hp Briggs & Stratton? If so, most any lawn mower shop can help with what you need. Posting photos sometimes help with identification if you can't find the tags.

Charley
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts