lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2022, 08:11 PM   #21
Jackman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart Project Complete Custom Rebuild from Frame Up

I got a tig welder that does 250a ac/dc Seems like the power is plenty just the different aluminum grades and thicknesses makes it challenging Also have a mig and plasma cutter Just need TIG practice I’m up for the challenge
Jackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2022, 07:27 AM   #22
Jackman
Not Yet Wild

Getting back on the cart work today and all weekend after the family had to deal with Covid for 1.5 weeks...Going to hopefully get the welding done today in time for the lift kit to arrive also today. Tomorrow the front disc brakes are to arrive as well.

Two questions

1) I'm thinking of trying to put disc brakes in the back as well or is this a waste?

2) Looking for a source for the Comet 1190. Preferably a kit with the driven and belt as well. Any suggestions.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:59 PM   #23
Jackman
Not Yet Wild

So I got some more welding done Was challenging because the aluminum has a lot of impurities in it from 38 years of exposure and hard use Found a couple factory worlds that were broken and fixed them Mocked up the engine and axle to get ready to fab the engine platform Also got started on the front suspension Will do the front disc brake install later this week with the new hubs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D2A81AD6-EAA1-4D50-8ED6-78230C31E722.jpg (289.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg AF385173-EDE5-402F-8A80-778F4B30C64A.jpg (219.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C1031E86-673A-48F1-9920-0967845E897A.jpg (252.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps