lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2022, 11:33 AM   #11
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which Lithium Battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
I am thinking of selling the Lead acid and going to a lithium pack. I use the buggy for fun around the community, some yard work, perhaps a little ( minor) off roading . pulling a small trailer around the yard for maintenance but nothing huge.
It is lifted and has a new High speed Motor in it but factory controller.
Anymore it is a bit like asking which brand of gas is best or which motor oil is better. A couple years ago there were bigger differences but as people complained the battery manufacturers started to understand golf cart needs better and increase their max current draws. Although from what I hear customer service can vary dramatically from company to company.

The factory controller is a 48v controller but can handle more V. I know my TXT48 stock Curtis controller handled my pack for several months before I switched to an Alltrax just because I wanted to. I still have that controller just in case something ever happens and I need a spare.

If you go lithium and the Max V of that lithium pack is 50.7v then fully charged it'll get the same speed as your fully charged lead acid, it'll just get there quicker. Instead if you get a pack that, fully charged, is higher you will have an increase in top speed. My cart will feel sluggish to me when it gets down to 51 or so volts. But with my 'new normal' I now define 'sluggish' as the performance I used to get with a fully charged lead acid pack.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2022, 07:58 AM   #12
deeds
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashxx View Post
I did end up with the Husky 48v. All ready to go, just waiting on the body to get out of paint.
How happy are you with the husky. I am trying to choose between the husky, roypow and ego. Kind of tough finding a roypow 105 P right now.
deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 07:49 AM   #13
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I originally bought a RoyPow 48/105 and was very happy with it on the flat roads at the beach, but once I got my cart street legal, the hills throughout my town would cause it to shut down due to reaching max discharge. I got tired of having to pull over and wait for it to reset so I sold it.

I now have an Extreme Team 72/100 and LOVE it!!! I can now go up the same hills at over 40 mph and it has never shut down on me. I've already ordered an Extreme Team 72/150 for my other cart and can't wait to get it.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 08:04 PM   #14
staffcurtis
Not Yet Wild

I am looking for a 72v Lithium battery, but unfortunately, extreme team closed their doors Dec 2022.
staffcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 11:49 PM   #15
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffcurtis View Post
I am looking for a 72v Lithium battery, but unfortunately, extreme team closed their doors Dec 2022.

Based on the amount of issues members are reporting with them here, I think you dodged a bullet. I’ve had no issues with my Allieds so far.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!