lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2021, 01:24 PM   #11
scottb1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Discussion - Changes and Template

Do you have link to cable? Thanks
scottb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2021, 06:20 PM   #12
PLee83
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Atrain and other Icon Tinker'erz

Does anyone know if you can use the controller to get the stock SOC meter to allow something below 51v to be the 100% battery meter reset?

Based on the fix proposed by Icon and sending out new clusters I'm guessing it is flashed into the cluster, else they would have just reprogrammed.

Just wondering because these new NMC lithiums have a cut off at ~50v and I'll never be able to see above 89%. :-(

BigBattery.com doesn't have a SOC monitor they build or recommend. Best would be to have something that plugs in at cell level. Their stock charger as well as battery require no more than 50.4v going to battery packs.

Most annoying thing yet is that the chargers they supply have fans that NEVER turn off even when batteries hit their limit. Talk about a waste of energy and noise. You'd think they would have a small comm cable or something that says BMS said "full" turn off charger for 2 hours or something like that. IDK
PLee83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 06:25 PM   #13
PLee83
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone know if you can use the NEOS .ini file to get the stock SOC meter to allow something below 51v to be the 100% battery meter reset?

Based on the fix proposed by Icon and sending out new clusters I'm guessing it is flashed into the cluster, else they would have just reprogrammed.

Just wondering because these new NMC lithiums have a cut off at ~50v and I'll never be able to see above 89%. :-(
Old 09-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #14
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLee83
Does anyone know if you can use the controller to get the stock SOC meter to allow something below 51v to be the 100% battery meter reset?

Yes, I'm 90% sure it's flashed into the cluster. I have a file from ICON that is in a folder called "PARAMETERS FOR SOC FIX" and it's full of *.hex files. The cluster also has a separate arduino for the speedo that just has a super basic analogRead loop monitoring RPM's (I think).

Quote:

BigBattery.com doesn't have a SOC monitor they build or recommend. Best would be to have something that plugs in at cell level. Their stock charger as well as battery require no more than 50.4v going to battery packs.
I'd be curious what ICON says or can possibly do for you? They might provide information to you or your dealer about the cluster capabilities. Otherwise you can just add another SOC monitor as you mentioned.

Quote:
Most annoying thing yet is that the chargers they supply have fans that NEVER turn off even when batteries hit their limit. Talk about a waste of energy and noise. You'd think they would have a small comm cable or something that says BMS said "full" turn off charger for 2 hours or something like that. IDK
They likely DO have this, but it's probably not hooked up. I think pin #3 (brown) from the controller, but I'm not exactly sure what your charger's capabilities/configuration is...but I think it's supposed to be reasonably standard.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 01:45 AM   #15
PLee83
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
They likely DO have this, but it's probably not hooked up. I think pin #3 (brown) from the controller, but I'm not exactly sure what your charger's capabilities/configuration is...but I think it's supposed to be reasonably standard.
Sorry, BigBattery.com doesn't have the charger turn off. Stock charger removed.

Honestly slightly disappointed in my purchase of the 3 pack of badger NMC lithiums. I might ask them to send me the Husky. BigBattery won't recommend a SOC meter and I also really think their charger is mickey mouse (fan runs all night and it is putting out 50.4v until you unplug it, no automatic turn off on full).
Also, thought it was going to be doing wheelies with the i60L on the 3 Badger pack. 189ah cont and 378a 6s peak discharge. It literally has voltage sag on steeper hills. I maybe assumed incorrectly that lithium holds voltage uphill. It is faster than my other i60 with wet cells on hilly areas, but I was expecting more. Drops about 5v and goes about 19mph.

Below is the monitoring software recorded on a flat road pull that I hit 32mph with line 49 at 1.0 and rpm at 7000. WOW that was a lot of power draw off the line looking at this. I'm not sure if the NEOS is accurate, but the i60l is pulling about 180a cont on flat road with pedal down. Also note it peaks out over 400a for a split second from a dead stop. Lot's of the lithium are rated at like 120-130ah cont max draw, ie roy pow engineer told me that is their cont AH rating (120 I believe). Some food for thought when shopping for your lithium packs.

Link to Youtube of NEOS SW monitoring a pull
Old 09-15-2021, 07:25 AM   #16
LakewayIcon
Not Yet Wild

I had great luck setting:
#45 to 7000 (can hit 34 mph on flats)
#49 to 4.5 (accelerates much better off the line without being too crazy)

My issue is going uphill. Has anyone figured out the torque settings to give more uphill power? We live in a hilly area and I drop to 17 MPH and that is dangerously slow on a 40 MPH road. I am guessing it is in #138-148 but I am extremely confused about those settings.
LakewayIcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:18 AM   #17
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I believe line 31 or 32 has the conversion. It says equates RPM to KPH but at the end of the line there is a selection for KPH or MPH. Mine is set at 6.67 and seems to correlate well to GPS.
AdvancedEVguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 09:32 PM   #18
stevet61
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLee83 View Post

I was told by ICON that the SOC and all dash display items are not governed by the programing software. There is a seperate progrqam for the display. Hope that helps.
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 08:46 AM   #19
xwhizx
Not Yet Wild

Anyone know how to disable then "exceeded speed alarm" warning? Comes on when I get past 29/30mph?
xwhizx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 11:12 AM   #20
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
Anyone know how to disable then "exceeded speed alarm" warning? Comes on when I get past 29/30mph?
Wire cutters?
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon