lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2023, 08:09 PM   #1771
America1776
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

I have now read through this entire thread... that was a lot to take in haha.
This might be a long shot, but has anyone gained access or played around with the new curtis controller in a club car onward AC lithium cart? I know they have implemented the can bus system as well. I got the cart with a blown factory lithium pack, but all the other electronics seem to be fine... I have built a new battery pack for it, and would love to gain access to the controller to either shut down the attempt to communicate with the factory bms via canbus, or change the perimeters so that it can get the data it is looking for from my jk bms that has canbus capability.
Navitas does not make any kit for these carts so far, and I feel like it would be a waste to have to gut the whole harness and replace with an older precident one, just so I could buy an ac controller/motor that I can communicate with..
Has anyone figured a way to just completely wipe the curtis controller and have someone install an unrestricted VCM that would suit our needs??
Has anyone replaced their curtis with a controller like a Kelly? They seem to be about a third of the price of a curtis and at least from their website it sounds like they allow full access to all controller settings with their included software.
America1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2023, 03:26 PM   #1772
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Onward lithium is a highly integrate vehicle, canbus connection between the bms, controller, and vcm. Unlikely the new bms is recognized by the system, so you are looking at replacing the controller + vcm. The motor, throttle, harness can be modified and reused. Not a small project and might be cheaper to buy a used factory lithium pack.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 10:37 AM   #1773
notspam
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Would anyone be able to help me get a higher level of access than factory? I'm having my cart serviced next week and I need to restore the controller to the state it was when I purchased it. I'm assuming that modifying the controller voids the warranty, but I don't know for certain. When I first started changing some of the settings, I made a backup of the controller. I've restored that backup, but that also reset the hour meter to about 10 hours, which seems unrealistic since I've had the cart for about 9 months. I'd like to set the hour meter to what it should actually be (about 200 hours). I know I can't assure you guys that this isn't for nefarious purposes, but for what its worth, its not. :) If anyone could PM me, I'd really appreciate it. I'd be happy to provide proof that this is going in for service. (I have a safety recall document for this).
notspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 09:47 AM   #1774
notspam
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure why I can't edit my own post, but what I currently have is OEM. Not factory. Also, it looks like "Advanced Cloning" was my problem. I was able to get what I needed by unchecking that box.
notspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 10:58 PM   #1775
treyclash13
Not Yet Wild

anyone on available to DM the developer string pleaseee.
treyclash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 11:38 PM   #1776
treyclash13
Not Yet Wild

Also chat gpt refuses to complete the sequence LOL
treyclash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 06:59 PM   #1777
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

How does software version 4-6-7 run in Windows 11?
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 12:54 PM   #1778
modbus_matters
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyclash13 View Post
anyone on available to DM the developer string pleaseee.
v1ìA ----- User
v1ìB ----- Service
v1ìC ----- Dealer
v1ìD ----- OEM
v1ìI ------ Factory
v1ì ------- Developer
modbus_matters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 01:05 PM   #1779
modbus_matters
Not Yet Wild

cable configuration with FT PROG.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg usb_cable.JPG (42.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-01-2023, 11:30 AM   #1780
modbus_matters
Not Yet Wild

Post Re: Programming Curtis Controller

As requested this is DIY USB SERIAL cable.

Off the shelf RS232 USB cable using FTDI232R Chip allow programming with FT PROG. DB9 Breakout Adapter, 4 pin (2x2) molex plug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg usbserial.jpg (93.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts