lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2023, 09:17 AM   #1
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Anyone had any issue with modifying their Licensed street legal carts?

Members,

Interesting question as we had someone say to us that that our buggy was too fast to be a street legal NEV/LSV in Florida. I checked the regulation and it said "20 mph or faster not to exceed 25 mph". Based on the person that approached us, I programmed our licensed NEV/LSV to max of 25 MPH.

PM me if you don't want to post in public. Would like to get members thoughts or experiences.

Thanks You

Mike
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2023, 10:03 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone had any issue with modifying their Licensed street legal carts?

Was the person that approached you any kind of authority or just some rando?
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 10:47 AM   #3
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone had any issue with modifying their Licensed street legal carts?

Trouble causing neighbor.
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 11:17 AM   #4
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

I guess if it was me I would just roll my eyes. It has already been licensed and deemed legal. What you do afterwards to it would only matter in the eyes of an authority figure not a PITA neighbor.

Are you worried said neighbor would be such a trouble causing person they would report you to an authority? Are you also worried that authority would care enough to listen to said tattle tale?
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:24 AM   #5
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

i can hit 30 on my cart , they never asked how fast it went when I converted to a LSV
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:42 PM   #6
KartMan154
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also you sometimes need the extra speed to get out of the way of traffic, especially in the city.
KartMan154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 10:46 PM   #7
DustyRoller
Getting Wild
Club Car

In Ca if you are doing 25 or more they will likely fine you and possibly your registration making you reclassify it. As far as neighbors go I have a few that throw up their arms at us. Ours is licensed.
DustyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 05:50 AM   #8
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I imagine it becomes a liability once it goes a certain speed with so little braking capabilities and safety requirements met.. Its more of an issue around here with electric mopeds which arent licensed and often the people riding them are oblivious to the rules of the road. They just made golf carts street legal where I live and ive only seen like 2 registered and on the road
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 06:49 AM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I live in Pennsylvania. A honda fit with a wheelbase of roughly 100" is legal.....but a cart?....HA!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 11:32 AM   #10
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I live in Pennsylvania. A honda fit with a wheelbase of roughly 100" is legal.....but a cart?....HA!
The Honda fit does 55mph and has to have emergency brakes and airbags though.. its not the size that's the issue
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!