lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2023, 05:25 PM   #2161
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Coming out of my lower after putting all the tools away I used on the carts today a cart went zooming up my street. It had a BIG sound. Didn't sound like a stocker. Another engine swapped on the island ? Stay tuned. If it lives here we will find it, BUT sometimes visitors trailer in a cart and take it home when they leave. P.S. Didn't recognize the cart, the driver, nor the BIG dog riding shotgun. I mean a canine not something else
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2023, 02:59 PM   #2162
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Really Heavy rains again today. With Dover right across the bay you can see with the weather report why they just moved the nascar race until tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:24 AM   #2163
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

VERY HEAVY winds and rains last nite but the power stayed on and sort of nice morning.Hopefully the nascar race across the bay will start at noon as planned.:thumbup P.S. On Izzy's morning walk the Harbor Master said we officially got 6.7"s of rain over the weekend
Old 05-01-2023, 02:57 PM   #2164
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Sun came in and the sun went out but they got the dover race completed and a jersey boy won, along with the Truex bros sweeping the weekend
Old 05-03-2023, 10:07 AM   #2165
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Rain Rain Rain and more Rain
Old 05-07-2023, 12:43 PM   #2166
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Yesterday the GF and I made several both island trips in the Omega powered Vicki. I heard some mild clanking over some of the large speed bumps. I crawled under today and seen under a bigger load the muffler could move around a bit. So I put back the second Tbolt clamp I hadn't bother with the Omega install. So now the muffler is clamped at both ends as it was with the long rod version of the VC460 while in Vicki. A quick test run and this seems to have cured the slight rattle. I have about 2 hours on the Omega now. More new faces on carts I haven't seen before.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:49 AM   #2167
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Finally got around to start on timing changes. IF Shepard was right that full retard is 28 degrees BTC then I guess I am at 30-31 degrees. I never was clever enough to follow his timing description so I will feel my way around and see what happens ? Talk about feel your way around I can see this whole adjustable timing raceseng unit in a minibike or Go kart it would be easy to see what you are doing but not so in a golf cart P.S. I made several trips with the advanced timing and I am disappointed to say that I don't see any real difference. I am not sure why there isn't some kind of some kind of result ?
Old 05-11-2023, 03:57 PM   #2168
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

After going thru tons of pics and going physical measurements It turns out that Shepard was correct and the flywheel gas an inbuilt advance of 28 degrees. I was probably out to 32 or so and I didn't notice any predetonation BUT the engine was noticeably less smooth. I am using plain old 27 octane and maybe that is why there was no power increase. At any rate it back to 28 degrees where it is smooth as silk
Old 05-11-2023, 10:22 PM   #2169
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

BOY that some LOW octane. 97 not 27.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:49 PM   #2170
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Took Vicki out today. She really loves the 28 degrees of advance. Well since I have lost the courage to see if I could hit the 6500 rpm red line which would have been over 50 mph it is a little bit of a moot point. So it looks my 45.5 with the long rod VC 460 in Vicki will stand unbroken as well as my old body. She revs quick and is silky smooth. On a quick burst I had her up to 37mph. My old knees are aching from all the mechanical work this week.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps