lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2023, 12:50 PM   #2151
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Had Vicki out several times today. I see I just crossed the 760 hour mark that started in 2008. 330 hours on the stock engine and 430 hours of VC 460 power.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2023, 01:29 PM   #2152
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

So today with nice even # of 760 on the hour meter I dropped out the oil from the engine build will all the assembly lube and such. I really drained it out and then add 1/4 bottle of ZDDP MAXX and 1800 ccs of Rotella T6. Probably at the 5 hour mark I will do another oil change.
Old 04-12-2023, 07:19 PM   #2153
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Wow 82 tomorrow. Alas I have a kidney ultrasound
Old 04-18-2023, 05:32 PM   #2154
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Engine breaking in.I had to adjust the idle today. REVS QUICK !
Old 04-20-2023, 10:59 AM   #2155
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I had several runs yesterday with Vicki. Earlier I had wondered if a billet flywheel had any purpose in a golf cart ? At first my logic was against the weight of a golf cart would it really make any difference. I really forgot in my first car a 1963 falcon futura sprint that I swapped on a 289 HiPo into with an aluminum flywheel. The engine had a LOT of other mods done to it. IT would REV like crazy. After time the ring gear went bad so I swapped the original flywheel back in. The engine revved so much poorer I thought I had knocked something out of tune while changing out the flywheel. SO the moral of this winding tale is that a billet flywheel on a clone in a golf cart does make a HUGE difference in the way it accelerates
Old 04-21-2023, 12:50 PM   #2156
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Several more runs in today, still having to back the idle screw down further. There is a little more than 1 hour on the engine now.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:59 PM   #2157
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

While walking Izzy on our morning marina walk 2 gas carts passed us. Neither of which I had ever seen before. The first was a really raised up unit with BIG tires painted with an olive drab metallic color. The second was a stock looking white cart with some sort of sea creature painted on it's side. I will have to see if I can find where they live. The gasser cart population continues to grow here on the island. It is funny that I own both of the first gassers here on the island. The 81 HD was the first followed by the 95 yamaha G14. Of course both of them now have engine swaps done to them. And as far as I know the only 2 carts with engine swaps. BUT stay tunes as that is becoming more popular as parts get scarcer for older cart engines and more people want a cart that reaches higher speeds with ease. Not to be misleading the majority of carts are still sparkies but we are gaining on them
Old 04-25-2023, 07:09 PM   #2158
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I reduced the coil gap from .050 to .030 to see any difference. I seen so much about the super magnets in billet flywheels needing large coil gaps. I don't see anything different with the reduced gap
Old 04-29-2023, 09:30 AM   #2159
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

We got 4.5" s of rain yesterday. A lot of flooding on the island with some people cleaning up. It is flooded under my 2nd story deck with water that came into my dirt basement where all the toys are. More rain in the forecast. P.S. Alas I see quite a few fridges and freezers being hauled to the town dump. I guess others sheds and lower areas got more water than I.
Old 04-29-2023, 01:51 PM   #2160
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The GF won't be down today so I had nothing really to do and was kind of bored. So got the VC 460 long rod block and front cover out to change crank seals as a matter of course. While I was at it I took a close look at all the roller bearings in these parts as well as the crankshaft. There are all smooth like new as well as the crank journal as well. All that I can say after 400 hours and burying the tach when my secondary clutch spring broke and it jammed the throttle wide open until I got to the kill button. Besides the upper shell of the rod bearing flaking I could not find anything else that doesn't look like new. No governor and a red line 5600 rpms. Now I do change oil every 25 hours and clean my magnetic dip stick before each run. Red Beard pulls down his full race engines at about 350 hours and found much the same results. P.S.It was key started and driven like a car all around the the island stop signs and all.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps