lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2022, 12:54 PM   #2071
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Made a whole lot of steak fries in the air fryer, but that is it so far. My brother in law does all kinds of things in theirs BUT he has my sister to clean up the mess
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2022, 12:32 PM   #2072
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Finished the whole generator conversion and did a 4.5 hour oil change while I was at it. Hurricane season is mostly over BUT someone can still run into a power pole between here and the 8 miles to cedarville where our power comes from. 12-24 hours if that happens.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:06 PM   #2073
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Watched the Bitchin Rides rerun of the VC 460 powered 57 Chevy golf cart. Too bad there was no video of how much faster the conversion is.
Old 11-01-2022, 07:40 PM   #2074
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I replaced some of the ball valves on my propane to natural gas generator conversion from std port to full port units. I thought back of my conversation with Shepard when I purchased the unit in 2020. Based on all our VC 460 work I used the VC sourced champion shaft rockers along with the needed longer chrome moly push rods. A nice feature of the A-I power 459 generator is the automotive style valves and keepers so with that I ended up with top notch valve train. Topped the whole thing off with the autolite racing spark plug. I did the final fine tuning today with the Nash Fuels load block. So If we have another long outage power failure I am ready with no time limitations on fueling the generator.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:17 AM   #2075
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

In answering someones thread this a.m. In these days and times with the internet and Google Earth it is pretty easy to see who actually has a physical location and what it actually looks like. Pretty easy spot garage operations and sellers with less than that. So before I spend big money I check out where and what they really are. Pretty easy to have an impressive web site not so easy to have a real plant or warehouse that matches their claims of services they offer.
Old 11-07-2022, 10:20 PM   #2076
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

76 today 45 tonite. We had a great weekend. Went on a pretty long hike with the GF on a paved earthendam and the knee held up reasonably well. It was a flat trail. There were a couple of small islands in the cove the the trail bisected. We got nice sighting of another Bald Eagle. Due to the knee not so many hikes this year so not so many Bald Eagle sightings. I don't think the knee would do so well on one of the trails with steeper terrain. The GF wanted to do the Bluffs which is like that BUT was OK with taking it easier on the old knee.
Old 11-20-2022, 03:10 PM   #2077
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The marina's cafe closes today for the season. Grabbed lunch and wished the staff well until next year.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:08 PM   #2078
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The GF sent me home with the left over cocktail shrimp that were yesterday's appetizers. Detailed the shrimp and added a little mayo and a little Old Bay served a a toasted NJ hoagie roll. Reminded me of the lobster rolls from my traveling days to New England. Don't miss all the driving up and down the east coast BUT sure do miss so much of the local dishes.
Old 11-25-2022, 03:56 PM   #2079
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see Vegascarts has continued the Black Friday sale again this year with 7% off. Too bad I am all parted up.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:48 AM   #2080
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Not to high jack someone else's thread Shepard when planning to mill his head asked me to measure EXACTLY what the lift at the valve was with the VC torque cam and NR shaft billet rockers. I did exactly as I mentioned on another thread by using my dial calipers. It was simple enough to measure the top of the valve retainer height to the head both uncompressed and compressed for the at valve lift.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps