lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #11
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: 2 stroke Harley oil mix

This one should be better. The label number is 91847-63A so this might have been an early label that got on my 1976 D.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC2330.jpg (292.8 KB, 0 views)
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2016, 08:54 AM   #12
73eldo
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

So was 75-81 1 oz maybe? Before and after was 1.5? Wonder why the change? When did they change the head? 71?
73eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #13
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I don't think 1 oz per gallon was used long. I think it didn't work or was used with an oil they found to be too expensive or was a hold over from the Harley Topper days. Anyway 1.5 oz per gallon is correct! I thought you all would like to know that one time it might have been used. The first time the heads were changes is when the engine was raised to a more vertical position. The engine used to lay more flat toward the front of the cart so a cover was needed to keep it away from your feet and possibly aid in cooling. That was when the engine was adopted from the topper. The spark plug was at a roughly a 90 degree angle and not strait up. The next change was the compression increase possibly at the same time the plug was moved I don't know. The next change was the flat top fin design probably by Columbia when the cooling cover was also changed. I would have to refer to the parts books to get an Idea when the changes occurred. Since the engine is a cousin of the topper and I haven't researched the topper much, I'm sure a lot of these changes were topper related since the cart and topper existence overlapped some. Do not accept this as written in stone for this is just some of my suspicions.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:43 PM   #14
Scottmoore1
Not Yet Wild

So what exact oil do you guys reccomend for my 1967 Harley Davidson golf cart at 1.5 oz per gal.? thank you for any input or recommendations you can give me. Tcw3? Is this outboard oil why is being recommended?
Scottmoore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:54 PM   #15
Scottmoore1
Not Yet Wild

So what is the best 2-cycle oil to mix at 1.5 Oz per gallon in these old Harley-Davidson golf carts? What exact Boyle are you guys using?
Old 06-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #16
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Because it works very good and a gallon at Walmart is inexpensive and I have used it for 14 years without any oil related problems. I own 2 HD carts myself and have repaired many more. If you have lots of expendable cash use an expensive oil it can't hurt anything except your wallet.
Old 09-05-2022, 07:17 AM   #17
Scottmoore1
Not Yet Wild

What oil do you use if you don't mind me asking?
Old 09-05-2022, 08:23 AM   #18
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I still use the Supertech oil at Walmart at 20.00 a gallon and not the 15.00 per quart at the highest brand. Look up the specs for TCW3 oil and check for usage it is for all 2 stroke engines. There is no question that it is a very good oil to use. If you need a status symble oil use the very expensive oil, it's your money!
Old 09-05-2022, 09:19 PM   #19
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I used the supertech in the original HD/Columbia engine and still do with my 440 cc F/C Suzuki sled engine in that cart. P.S. In the sled engine I run the recommended 50:1 ratio.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 02:16 PM   #20
Scottmoore1
Not Yet Wild

Do you use 1.5 oz per gallon?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson