lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2023, 12:06 AM   #17
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: what is the best lithium battery set up for a club car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggycrazy View Post
Trojan all the way, easy to install and work like a dream.
Ironically, I had lunch today with a long time Trojan Regional Rep who was touting their 30AH 48v Lithium batteries and he told me something very strange (and amazing if true) about this product.

Rep said that their 48v 30AH batteries were really 75AH batteries. Rep said Trojan was very conservative with their ratings and that their lower AH ratings were there because their Batts were UL approved and had stricter guidelines.

Though I was (and still am) somewhat confused and circumspect, I was very polite as I have known this person a long time. I asked for either some official engineering/test data from Trojan to reflect that 75AH rate from a stated 30AH battery OR to allow me to come to the Trojan warehouse and load test myself. The rep told me that Trojan could/would provide one or both of these.

I asked multiple times if this was about peak capacity or if this was some kind of (made up) SLA equivalent rating. I was assured it is a true 75AH rating, meaning that this 30AH rated battery could give 75 amps for one hour (I asked that specifically).

Note, this is TROJAN'S representation, NOT mine. I am not pushing Trojan Lithium batteries, just sharing what I was told and I will also share any official engineering data I get and/or results of the load test if allowed.

If this is true, seems like it would be a game changer. However, I am skeptical and hoping someone here might be able to shed some additional light on this issue.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car