lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2023, 06:45 PM   #1
tom4416
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default The journey G22-Western-G29

I live in an active adult community in Tucson, AZ so golf carts are everywhere and can be used year round, including on public roads with speed limits of 35mph or less. In 2016, I purchased my gas 2007 G22 for $2,500 and put literally nothing but gas, oil and tires into it. Then, in March of this year, a resident let me know he was selling his beautiful and pristine 2000 Western 42V electric for $2,100. I sold my G22 the first hour it was listed on FB for $3,000 given how much carts have gone up in price.

After three weeks of ownership of the Western, decided electric carts were not for me. I have to park it outdoors because we have two cars and a two car garage so charging was also done in the driveway (which is probably safer anyway). But the whole charging, check water levels, prepare to pay $1100 every 5 years (about what all batteries except lithium get in the AZ heat). When a neighbor offered me $3,900 for the cart, jumped on it as the only thing I had done was straighten out some wiring, polish it and new tires.

That night, pop onto FB marketplace and there is a brand new listing for a gas 2015 Drive/G29 cart for $5,000 with rear seat (we need to transport aging parents around the neighborhood on a regular basis, another reason the Western was never going to work). The 2015 was the ideal year to me - back to good clutches and doing away with the internal wet brake and was still a carb model which was a plus to me for mechanical reasons. Paid the asking, added the light kit, new tires, touch-up paint and it's about as clean a 2015 as you'll see. Spent it's golf years in Wyoming as a fleet vehicle on a course that was only open 5 months a year. Went to an RV park in Texas where it was used 4 months of the year by snowbirds and then professionally winterized for the other 8 months. Came with new OEM belts, filters, plug and I changed the diff oil for synthetic. Had to tweak the governor to 18mph which is all I need.

I've been a member here for a while, just don't post all that often but wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time to answers my questions about this and other carts over the years. Truly a valued and treasured resource for us shade tree mechanics.

Hopefully this cart gets me through the next 10-15 years at which time I'll either be a dearly departed or not allowed to even drive a GC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha G22 photo.jpg (106.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230327_072041.jpg (188.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg G29.jpg (220.0 KB, 0 views)
tom4416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides