lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2023, 09:43 AM   #2171
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Raining here again and the right knee is pretty bad. Time for some rest and rehab AND the strawberry flies are here. Should have gotten the bug repelling Suzi cart done before now.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2023, 07:28 PM   #2172
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I tried a few rehab exercises today. I see that my muscles supporting my old MCL's have lost strength. I guess that is probably why the problem has returned. Not as bad as when I had to wear the knee brace for months BUT bad enough to start back up on the full rehab program. I will need to be careful about putting any torque on the knee for awhile. Alas no more mechanical building projects for some time.
Old 05-14-2023, 12:04 PM   #2173
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I was watching engine masters the other day where they are dynoing different plugs. They found a top choice was an iridium plug. I have 4 denso 5303's iridiums never installed in the old Subi. The thread and reach suits the clone head. So I figured the worst that could happen is that the engine would not start or would run rough. Couldn't find anywhere about using this plug in a clone. Surprise it fired right up and the idle is up about 250 rpms. So testing will continue to see what happens. I see my old plug was a nice chocolate brown where the modded clones like the mixture. Stay tuned P.S. Yes the knee is now hurting BUT the curiosity was killing me. Curiosity killed the cat, maybe one day it will kill Ray ?
Old 05-15-2023, 09:07 PM   #2174
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Another Shepard note . His EXP-S carb is on the Omega build engine in my G 14 Vicki. His legacy goes on
Old 05-16-2023, 05:21 PM   #2175
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The cold denso was too cold and the engine started to miss.
Old 05-16-2023, 06:39 PM   #2176
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

But forward progress, I did get the side cover of the VC460 long rod all scrubbed up and put in a new crank seal
Old 05-22-2023, 03:48 PM   #2177
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I did the Omega oil change today. 3.5 hours on it. I was careful with the leg
Old 05-25-2023, 10:06 AM   #2178
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I did another valve lash check on the Omega this a.m. I am keeping the lash on the exhaust valve pretty tight @ .002 cold. With the roller rockers and the zero deck height piston along with the .075" milled head compression is tight. With the super light raceseng flywheel I need all the compression release I can muster or it will kick back against the starter/generator a couple of times before it starts. P.S. The leg is slightly better BUT I can see it wouldn't take much to make it worse P.P.S I am driving Vicki every day. Now when the green heads arrive that may change. I would like to get Suzi running with her 50:1 fuel mix the green heads won't attack BUT the leg really isn't healed enough to get her running again. It will be one week this evening since it happened so I can't complain too much about recovery time.
Old 06-03-2023, 09:39 AM   #2179
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Finally got around to tuning the carb to the Omega engine. I just bolted it on from the VC 460 long rod and it ran OK. BUT plug reads showed it to be quite rich. So the idle circuit needed to be leaned out big time where the main jet just a little. REVS better than ever Just got back to walking Izzy this a.m.. Leg is getting better BUT it is a SLOW process. It was 2 weeks thurs evening it is a lot better BUT still starts hurting IF I overdo it. The old body just isn't what is use to be
Old 06-08-2023, 08:46 AM   #2180
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The canadian wildfire smoke is here and a lot worse today. The winds kind of kept it moving yesterday. The odor is more like burning wires than typical wood smoke.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps