lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2023, 10:42 AM   #1
sean31
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Trojan 48V lithium

Installed (3) 48V 30Ah trojan lithium in my RXV. Started with (2) but the current demand at takeoff was causing the BMS to shut down. (3) worked like a charm. Acceleration is great as you would imagine (a little over 300lbs. lighter) and range is fantastic so far. If you have the Lester Summit 2 charger you can upload the profile to charge these (22762). I chose Trojan over others due to the amount of safety built in.
sean31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 12:47 PM   #2
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trojan 48V lithium

How did you mount them? Would like to see some pics
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 12:53 PM   #3
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
How did you mount them? Would like to see some pics
They appear to be the same demensions as regular fla golf cart batteries.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 02:29 PM   #4
sean31
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

They are GC2 size. I discarded my battery hold down, Rods and ordered new. It is rigged with bungees and bubble wrap. I will post pics once completed :)
Old 05-10-2023, 08:00 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean31 View Post
They are GC2 size. I discarded my battery hold down, Rods and ordered new. It is rigged with bungees and bubble wrap. I will post pics once completed :)
Why.....that's how I permanently install just about everything I own!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:56 PM   #6
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I chose Trojan over others due to the amount of safety built in.
Hi Sean, Can you elaborate please. What extra safety features do the Trojan lithiums have over other brands of lithium batteries?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 05:05 PM   #7
sean31
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Mostly a more robust BMS and they are Lithium Iron Phosphate which is a bit more stable than other technologies available. Trojan is a recognized name in the battery industry and isn't going anywhere. Can't say the same for many others being offered.
Old 05-09-2023, 06:15 PM   #8
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Mostly a more robust BMS and they are Lithium Iron Phosphate which is a bit more stable than other technologies available. Trojan is a recognized name in the battery industry and isn't going anywhere. Can't say the same for many others being offered.
The only golf cart batteries I know discussed here that arent lifepo4 are UNO packs.. Good point about the trojan name however you never really know these days. Especially when theres a technology shift. Ive got a defunct Polaroid digital camera to prove it. I wish they would eleborate on their triple safety marketing jargon... I know one level of safety would be the charger shutting off at the correct voltage, the second is the bms shutting off once the cells reach 3.65v or are over discharged but whats the third?

Edit* I posted before I read all the comments and forgot about some of the big battery offerings that are nmc although they sell lifepo4 too.

These trojans appear to be like the epoch batteries I posted a link too last week. same type of layout... I wonder if trojan actually assembles them or if they are yet another rebranded chinese battery.. does it say? It mentions nothing about it that I can find on thier website just that they advertise the US office as the "world headquarters" and now theres a link to the Chinese trojan / c&d technologies partner website...which is likely the manufacturer. they have a lot of certifications. more than Ive ever seen from competitors.
Old 05-25-2023, 10:06 AM   #9
buggycrazy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
The only golf cart batteries I know discussed here that arent lifepo4 are UNO packs.. Good point about the trojan name however you never really know these days. Especially when theres a technology shift. Ive got a defunct Polaroid digital camera to prove it. I wish they would eleborate on their triple safety marketing jargon... I know one level of safety would be the charger shutting off at the correct voltage, the second is the bms shutting off once the cells reach 3.65v or are over discharged but whats the third?

Edit* I posted before I read all the comments and forgot about some of the big battery offerings that are nmc although they sell lifepo4 too.

These trojans appear to be like the epoch batteries I posted a link too last week. same type of layout... I wonder if trojan actually assembles them or if they are yet another rebranded chinese battery.. does it say? It mentions nothing about it that I can find on thier website just that they advertise the US office as the "world headquarters" and now theres a link to the Chinese trojan / c&d technologies partner website...which is likely the manufacturer. they have a lot of certifications. more than Ive ever seen from competitors.
The lithium GC2 is assembled in their Los Angeles factory.
buggycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 10:11 AM   #10
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggycrazy View Post
The lithium GC2 is assembled in their Los Angeles factory.
This is good to know, thanks.. I still wonder whos actual batteries/cells they use inside the assembled pack (example are they headway or some other manufacturer) or perhaps the sister company in china they teamed up with supplies them. I prefer a lower cells count (16s) to multiple cells in a multi parallel / series bms configuration which has more reliability weakness by design.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO