lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2023, 03:31 PM   #1
Bstewart983
Not Yet Wild

Default Power at key switch

Hello, I have a simple question and I kinda feel stupid for having to ask. At the key switch, should I have 48v at the switch when I put my meter on the wire at the switch and the battery pack negative or the battery pack positive. I’m getting 48v when I touch my battery positive and I’m not thinking that’s right. Thanks
Bstewart983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2023, 04:07 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Power at key switch

Depends on your meter setting, correct orientation of the leads, and which wire you're touching.

Green wire at the key switch is 48v coming from the Tow/Run switch. This is only present when the Tow/Run is in Run.

When testing voltage on any equipment general best practice is to keep your meter black lead on the battery pack negative to avoid incorrect or erroneous readings.

If you're looking for a short circuit you narrowed down which side has the short.
If you're just looking for which side has constant power, its the green wire.
Blue wire is switched power when the Key switch is On.
In general the key switch should only be used for KSI On power for a reducer, or for input power to a voltmeter gauge or similar low power consuming accessory.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 04:47 PM   #3
Bstewart983
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Depends on your meter setting, correct orientation of the leads, and which wire you're touching.

Green wire at the key switch is 48v coming from the Tow/Run switch. This is only present when the Tow/Run is in Run.

When testing voltage on any equipment general best practice is to keep your meter black lead on the battery pack negative to avoid incorrect or erroneous readings.

If you're looking for a short circuit you narrowed down which side has the short.
If you're just looking for which side has constant power, its the green wire.
Blue wire is switched power when the Key switch is On.
In general the key switch should only be used for KSI On power for a reducer, or for input power to a voltmeter gauge or similar low power consuming accessory.
Thanks. What I’m doing is trying to find out why I’m not getting power to my solenoid. There’s no fuses between the solenoid and the switch that I can find. I found that I’m not getting power to my key switch. I put a jumper wire from the battery positive and to the switch and the cart will run now. It looks like the green wire comes from the controller to the switch with no fuses or anything between. Does this mean there’s something wrong with my controller and if so, would it hurt just to run a wire straight from the battery pack instead of going through the controller for power. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:22 PM   #4
Bstewart983
Not Yet Wild

Found the problem. One of the pins in the connector for the tow/run switch was broke off. Thanks for the help this group of people always provide.

Tags
key, negative, positive, switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car