lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2023, 07:52 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Cheap 420 cc engines

The single cylinder clones are in the archives section
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2023, 07:29 PM   #12
Kall
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cheap 420 cc engines

New member, I’m looking for some information on what the belt tension is supposed to be. I was told about 2 inches I have about 2 1/16 right now and if I pull or spin the secondary clutch, the belt spins pretty easily around the drive clutch. I have a 780 Style drive clutch with a stock secondary that I machined a 3/16 spacer. To allow for the 1-3/16 belt to not kick off. It is a Duramax 440 cc swapped club car DS 2011 model. I hoping that it’s something to do with the belt tension. I had tested this whole set up running the stock carburetor and very worn out secondary that I tossed a piece of schedule 40 pipe in so the belt wouldn’t kick out. I was debating on doing the jack shaft and flipping the motor around after I figured out the reverse rotation problem with the 97 club car DS. First I wanted to make sure I was at least achieving stock speed before I bothered. With that test configurations and I achieved 15 mph in my 16:1 now forward gear. Since that initial test phase, I’ve wrapped everything up, I put in Mikuni style carburetor with a custom-made intake, so I can pull vacuum line to run the fuel pump, I’ve got a brand new secondary with a red nondirectional spring. I was told to do the spring because I’m now spinning the clutch the opposite way. After doing all of this I’m only getting up to 12 mph in forward gear. What is sad is that I can reach 18 to 20 mph in reverse. Anyway, most importantly, I need to lock down this belt tension. It’s weird because they have to be just right, the Goldilocks zone, not to lose not too tight.
Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps