lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #21
2stroke
Gone Wild

the hub fits 2 strokes back to 1982 and up to 1993 and all electrics since 1982
and all 4 strokes are different, so yes yours is different.....
2stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #22
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I ordered a performance carb jet for a guy here, I'm wondering if there are any precautions I should take or things I should watch out for when installing it. If anyone has pics, that would be great!
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #23
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

The carb jet works GREAT! I'd give it 6 out of 5 stars.

Now I have another question; how much should you take off the head when having it milled? This is for an EH-29 Robin engine.

Any precautions to take when doing this?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:12 AM   #24
Dero
Gone Wild

I heard 50 thousandths works well. Or try a 350 head.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:08 AM   #25
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I had heard that the 295 head on the 350 was a great success, but that the 350 head on the 295 was a disaster. But I don't know a whole lot about these Robins so I'll consider that. (The only problem is this guy hates spending money and probably won't want to buy a whole new head) I just got pricing on milling it .010" and it was about $20.

At that price, I don't think the guy can go wrong. So now I need the torque specs on the head bolts. And a head gasket.......and to be sure to mark the timing.....and blah blah blah.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:38 AM   #26
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Ooooooook, new plan.

If anyone has the original bore x stroke specs laying around, could you post them for me?

Oh, and torque specs for the entire engine would be helpful also. :)

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #27
Dero
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
I had heard that the 295 head on the 350 was a great success, but that the 350 head on the 295 was a disaster.
Your right, I got them mixed up.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #28
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I have a new problem!

This is a 3PG-powered cart, I'm not really sure of the year but I think it's one of the last 2-cycles made. Anyway, there is no slow throttle speed. It takes off going way too fast and in no time, even with the pedal off the floor, it runs up to full speed. When you floor it, it seems to be over-revving. But that's just by sound, I don't know the actual RPMs. How can I adjust the throttle cable to fix this? Do you put more cable in that box like you do on Club Cars or take it out? Thanks!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #29
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

On the performance jet what size was it? I have E-mailed cartsplus and got no response. Did you happen to look?
cartin AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #30
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
I have a new problem!

This is a 3PG-powered cart, I'm not really sure of the year but I think it's one of the last 2-cycles made. Anyway, there is no slow throttle speed. It takes off going way too fast and in no time, even with the pedal off the floor, it runs up to full speed. When you floor it, it seems to be over-revving. But that's just by sound, I don't know the actual RPMs. How can I adjust the throttle cable to fix this? Do you put more cable in that box like you do on Club Cars or take it out? Thanks!
It should have a governor like the early 4 stroke setups (on the rear end) more than likely that whats doing it
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO