lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
Jaybird911
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel delivery problem

My G1 loses it prime. I've check the fuel filter, line and have replaced the fuel pump. If I prime the engine it will run - sometimes not for long and sometimes for quite a long while, but eventually it will lose the prime again. From what I have read in this forum, I'm thinking crank shaft seals. There is also some leakage from the crank case in the front of the engine onto the frame the engine sits on. It looks like the flywheel side seems realtively easy to replace, as described on this site. I assume there's a seal on the clutch side too. (?) This looks much more complicated than the flywheel side. Am I on the right track and can anyone give me any insight into changing the seal on the clutch side (if there is one)?
Jaybird911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Fuel delivery problem

yes it sounds like your thinking is sound. you can run a search for a Yamaha G1 primary drive puller. Al tho there are some good rights ups on this sight on how to make a low cost puller. I would not advise you trying to use a hammer like you would use to removing a flywheel off a brigs.
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha