lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
Johnret
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Red face Trying to Identify my EZGO Cart

First, I am a rookie. I have recently acquired an EZGO Cart. It has been lifted, different tires placed on it, the body has been camo'd. It runs. It is a 36V system. I have replaced the batteries with new (the old ones didn't keep a very good charge, and one was leaking from the bottom). Having read a lot of the information that have found on this board, and other sites, I beleive that my cart is a resistor type cart, it has the large coils under the frame attached to the wiring. The guy I bought it from said the coils will get red hot when running the cart for awhile. I am really interested in trying to identify what year this cart it, have looked for a label or number have found nothing. I am trying to get as much info off the cart as possible, as I think I would like to covert it to a 48V system with more torque for hilling terrain that I hunt in. The only real rust problem that the cart has is the bottom of a couple of the battery trays, which I will probably fix this spring. Any pointers for doing this upgrade or ID'ing this cart would be appreciated. Thanks
Johnret is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Trying to Identify my EZGO Cart

Pictures would help, but from what I know it is no newer than a 1988. Some one correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 89 they went to a controller.

The ID label should be on the passenger side by their left knee on the center hump under the dash. The model number will help us ID it.
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Your resistor cart is not a very good one for what you want to do. You are either going to have to spend a bunch of money converting it to a electronic controller before you can start upgrading or you might consider getting rid of it and find a newer controller cart. To get where you want to be climbing hills with a lifted big tire cart you should budget about $2000.00. That would be to a controller cart that already had the lift and big tires. Ya-it is expensive!

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

To BGW
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #5
Johnret
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My search for the identification has come to an end. I have found where the manufacturer label should have been, it has been removed. So I will have to fuddle thourgh this with out it. Bummer
Old 12-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
Johnret
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK, more information, here is the information off the motor - Model 5BC48JB700A, 36V, 2800 RPM, 2 HP, Max Safe RPM 8000, Time Rating 60 min, wound series. The Solnoid has on it , - White Rogers 70-120224-2 Coil, 36 V DC Contact 45/55" LB. As I stated before it has resistors. I would also like to know if anyone has any idea if there is a higher torque motor I could use to get more torque out of the buggy. I haven't started any tear down yet, just looking for information. Thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you could post some pics of the cart and then the battery bay and the dash... we could nail it down for you year-wise No silverbullet motor for a resistor cart you are going to have to upgrade to a solid state speed controller to really get what it is you want
How about those pics?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
Johnret
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will try to get picks posted this weekend. I figured, I would have to convert the cart, just trying to figure out what parts I am gonna need.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
bogey
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar cart with 4 1/2 year old batteries that i am thinking about replacing. Just curious how long is your run time with your new batteries in the conditions you described?
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #10
Johnret
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I haven't run it yet with the new batteries, I will be doing that this weekend, I will let ya know beginning of the week.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO