lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
dontbscared
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT light wiring help!

I am no sparky so forgive the crude schematic. I have a early 80’s model ezgo 3 wheeler. The previous owner had head & tail lights but they were toast and all were grounded to the frame which I have read is definitely not recommended, so I am starting fresh with new lights and wiring. I purchased a 36 to 12V reducer and am asking for help if this is the correct way to wire the circuit(s). And if this is correct, is this setup pulling from the whole battery bank and not just 2 batteries. No turn signals or brake lights, these are just for night time running lights. Appreciate and help and thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E313ED16-313D-4BB0-93B8-8FF4E2E73AB3.jpg (20.8 KB, 0 views)
dontbscared is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2020, 02:29 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EZGO TXT light wiring help!

That would be correct for a lighted switch. Yes, the whole reason for the 36 to 12 volt reducer is to draw evenly from all the batteries together. Makes the entire battery pack live longer. The only other thing you might consider is running the + power to the reducer through the key switch to kill the small drain the reducer would put on the batteries even when not in use.

Last edited by meimk; 02-06-2020 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: additional info
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:31 PM   #3
dontbscared
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO TXT light wiring help!

Many thanks!
dontbscared is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO