lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2019, 12:44 AM   #1
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Default Smoking 12V Voltage Regulator

Hi All-

I bought the Nissan leaf pack for my 36v 1988 Western golf cart last month. I had existing lights, radio, cigarette lighter. on the cart with the old lead batteries. Both the positive and negative have a fuse holder with a 25 amp fuse.

I installed a new voltage regulator to run the accessories off the old lines.
It is Daygreen 48v step down to 12v 20amp 36v to 12v (there is an attached image) to the existing wiring which went between two of the original 6V batteries to run the accessories originally.

No problem when I originally tested it with just the cart sitting.

On the move, I first blew a fuse on the negative side coming off the battery pack into the regulator and after a fuse replacement, I tried again and it got too hot and I smoked the regulator.

Do you think a better quality voltage reducer would take care of the problem or is there something else I need to do in addition to this?

Pics include original reducer added on recently, me holding the positive wire to the leaf pack from the reducer 36V side, me pointing at the negative side of the fuse holder back to the Leaf pack where the fuse keeps blowing and the last one of the reducer tieing all connections back into the original wiring.

Thanks for the help
Jeff

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2064.JPG
sockeye342 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO