lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #1
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lithium Batteries on Hills

Anybody have any comments as to how well Leaf Lithium batteries work in hilly areas? I guess my real concern is will they put out enough current on hills or will I have to run two packs in parallel.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:11 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Batteries on Hills

Mine run fine on hills.

My neighborhood and surrounding area is nothing but hills and my 7 module pack pulls fine even with my big torque motor from D&D.

So far I've been happy with my single pack but I'd be lying if I hadn't thought of adding 7 more modules. Not because I need them, but because I want them. But honestly, the 7 modules have been good. I'm able to get 23 miles out of them with room to spare cruising around at 15mph, can pop wheelies if I want to and have pulled well over 400amps for a few seconds when really working the cart.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:43 AM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

A few things: What is your definition of "hill?" What is the average temperature you operate your cart in?

I live in Southwestern Pennsylvania where hills are hills and mountains are also hills. W. Virginia has radical hills. I use my cart for hunting so it's usually 23 degrees or colder.

So, that being said my cart will slow a little going up "hills" and my 7 module pack won't last as long when it's 20 degrees vs 70 degrees. It gets me where I want\need to go but I do plan on adding another 7 module pack for the convenience of just having the additional power.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks DaveTM and NCPW that pretty much answers my question. I live in SE TN so they should work just fine. Losing 300 lbs of battery weight must also play a big part.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:50 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Compared to FLA they work great! 250 pounds lighter makes a huge difference going up inclines. They don't sag much either. (I have 14 modules which is way better than 7 for this)
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:24 PM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for your reply Volt_Ampere. I guess I better keep the passenger side battery compartment clear in case I need to go with 14 modules.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car