lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2024, 11:42 PM   #1
Desertdan1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Lightbulb Yamaha g1 / g3 crankshaft options

Hey all, first time poster long time lurker. I'm in the middle of building a 79 yamaha enticer 250cc engine for my 86 yamaha G3a Sun Classic. I'm shooting to get 25hp out of this engine, while maintaining the stock two stroke reverse of the cart.
The engine is going to be a bit of a Frankensteined conglomeration of parts, and I'm currently trying to find a crankshaft that will accept the golfcart clutch and stator. I would ideally swap in a G1 crankshaft but I can't find one anywhere online to buy. My next option is to find a crankshaft that would fit the enticer/g1 case while being able to accept the g1 type clutch. Does anyone know if there is such a crankshaft assembly out there that would work?
Currently Im looking at the crankshaft assembly for a Yamaha Blaster 200 which looks to be the right size, and could be modified to work. I'm hoping for a 250cc sized crankshaft so that the rotating assembly will be better balanced with a larger piston. Thanks for the help and I'm open to any input the community can offer.

Last edited by Desertdan1; 06-04-2024 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Desertdan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2024, 06:38 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g1 / g3 crankshaft options

Hmmmm this project sounds really familiar

Well if the G1 crank isn't available anymore, your next option would be to find a used one. There are a few guys on here that may have one. You could post in the "Parts" section, might get some action there. Also just on a quick search I found some on ebay, might be worth a look.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 12:38 PM   #3
Desertdan1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Hmmmm this project sounds really familiar

Well if the G1 crank isn't available anymore, your next option would be to find a used one. There are a few guys on here that may have one. You could post in the "Parts" section, might get some action there. Also just on a quick search I found some on ebay, might be worth a look.
Thanks for the reply! I've read your enticer top end build thread about 50 times sofar! I've been scouring ebay for a used g1 crankshaft, but must have missed the ones you found. I'll give it another quick look. 👍
Old 06-10-2024, 01:25 PM   #4
Desertdan1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Just a quick update: I'm still in search of a viable crankshaft for the engine. Progress is being made though, I'm dropping the cylinder off soon to be bored out to 74mm, I'll be using a piston out of a polaris that will have the correct dimensions, it has a slightly taller dome to it which should allow for a better squish ring and higher compression. Once the cylinder is back from the machine shop I can start working on the port timing and polishing of the cylinder. I'll be using a 32mm tillotson pressure carb off a yamaha 292, which hopefully will make tuning easier as there won't be any jets or needles to fiddle with.
Old 06-11-2024, 08:55 AM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

https://www.apexgolfcarts.com/Cranks...G1_p_5046.html
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 09:39 AM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1645037265&v=2
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 07:27 PM   #7
Desertdan1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Awesome thanks!

Tags
crankshaft, engine, g1a, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!