lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2024, 02:49 PM   #1
kawimaui
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 96 Medalist Neighborhood Cruiser build

Hey guys, just figure I'd show the start of my modifications on my first cart.

Started with lighting and audio, did a LED street legal kit for a TXT, tail lights
didnt want to fit, did some reshaping with a heat gun and got a decent enough fitment. Did a roof mount radio housing with 5.25" and 2 6.5" in dash/floor mounts. Added an 8" Kicker hideaway to back of the seat to round out the sound, super happy with the results. All running with headroom to spare off a 30 amp DC to DC converter. Did an amazon seat cover, and some hub caps til I decide what wheel tire combo I'm going with. Also did some under canopy RGB.

Loving this thing so far, was debating swapping to a hotter motor and controller, but it does about 18-19mph the way it is, I'll see how it does after a lift and tires. It's pretty much flat around here, but may go ahead and do an alltrax or navitas with solenoid and FR switch.
kawimaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2024, 06:43 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: 96 Medalist Neighborhood Cruiser build

Lookin good!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 08:06 PM   #3
kawimaui
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got my lift kit and tires done today. Also after some reading decided to go with a Curtis 1205m-5603 clone. Just got my DIY cable made and working and got the parameters set up, going to throw it in along with 2 AWG cables and 400A solenoid either tomorrow or next weekend.

Old 06-09-2024, 02:38 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech

E-Z-GO

That's a great looking Medalist. Good job I own one but changed the body to a later model plastic one.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 06:28 PM   #5
kawimaui
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got my 500a controller, solenoid, and cables installed, **** near will pop a wheelie! Also went ahead and did a SW202 reversing contactor and used a club car switch and mount. 3D printed some brackets for the solenoids, still need to clean up the wiring a little but, Iím super happy with the outcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8246.jpg (181.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8240.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8247.jpg (223.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides