lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
corkscrew
Gone Wild

Default Re: Newbe whats a clone

Not sure on top speed but I ordered a set of 20's for it. The bad thing is the motor blowed and my tires got here 2 days later. Don't worry the cart wont move on it's own power but I went ahead and installed the new tires. Yea yea that's putting the cart before the horse but just wanted to see what it would like. Has anyone put a torque power spring in there clutch. Reading up on it I guess it will help with climbing hills and take off. Wondering if will take away from the top end though.
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
corkscrew
Gone Wild

Well at about 3:00 today pushed the old cart in the garage. At about 7:00 the motor, trans and axle out of the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chloe's 3rd b-day 041.jpg (236.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg chloe's 3rd b-day 042.jpg (244.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg chloe's 3rd b-day 044.jpg (226.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg chloe's 3rd b-day 043.jpg (194.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #13
corkscrew
Gone Wild

Forgot 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chloe's 3rd b-day 040.jpg (195.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #14
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I had the torque spring and machining done on my driven clutch and it didn't take away anything from my top end (cart is still fast as it was before). It gave me a noticeable improvement in hill-climbing ability (I have yet to find a hill I can't climb). Not much improvement in the way of "off-the-line" performance though, but that's not what I was focused on. I needed to climb hills.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bigger tire diameter will give a higher top speed but you will have a trade off in acceleration. The bigger engine will provide more torque and top speed may increase but it will take longer to get there unless you can safely increase the RPM's. At the end of the day it's all about compromise. My clone powered GEM on standard tire diameter isn't any faster than my unlimited CC but it gets up to speed faster and climbs like a Billy Goat. Speed isn't so important to me on the golf course or the farm but hill climbing ability with a load on board is. Flat out I pull close to 30 mph and that's plenty fast enough on a sloppy steering golf cart with drum brakes on grass.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #16
corkscrew
Gone Wild

Hey Chris, 30mph will for sure be plenty of speed for me. Just wondering is your clone in a stock club car. My club car is bone stock, the only thing I have done so far is the tire size, really don't think its going to make a difference. It had the 18x8.5x8 and I bought 4 tires on ebay for 119.99 shipped to the front door. They are 20x7x8, a little taller but not as wide. Little worried how the would look but I guess there OK for the $. Bad thing is cart blowed motor and the tires came in 2 days later. Put them on anyway, had to get the bride to push me around. ha ha
Old 09-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #17
corkscrew
Gone Wild

Also guys can anybody tell me the year of my cart, no tag under dash or behind key switch. Since I have it in a few pieces now is there another place to find the number. I know it really don't matter what year it is just wondering.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Judging by the steering wheel and the motor I'm guessing it's a '92.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #19
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
Hey Chris, 30mph will for sure be plenty of speed for me. Just wondering is your clone in a stock club car. My club car is bone stock, the only thing I have done so far is the tire size, really don't think its going to make a difference. It had the 18x8.5x8 and I bought 4 tires on ebay for 119.99 shipped to the front door. They are 20x7x8, a little taller but not as wide. Little worried how the would look but I guess there OK for the $. Bad thing is cart blowed motor and the tires came in 2 days later. Put them on anyway, had to get the bride to push me around. ha ha

My clone engine is in a GEM cart Corkscrew. GEM made a front wheel drive electric cart with all wheel hydraulic brakes. I yanked all the electrics, installed a CC rear end and bolted in a 16HP clone motor with the governor disabled and a Mikuni carb to replace the nasty OEM junk it came with. Lot's of modifications later and I ended up with a really unique golf cart that has cost me way more than it's worth but I love it . My regular CC runs an FE290 motor that has been blueprinted and balanced. It has a cam ground for longer valve duration and will pull a steady 4500-5000 RPM's reliably and as high as 6000 in bursts. The engine has been thus modified for the last two years or so and has no issues whatsoever.
What's broken on your motor ? It might be that a rebuild is in order to restore it to good health but if you do decide to clone it I'd be happy to offer any help I can. Also check out the big block forum. Lots of information there

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #20
corkscrew
Gone Wild

Hey, Hey a little good news. Got the clutch off the engine tonight. Got lucky I'm sure, used the 1/4 drive cut to 5 1/4" long with the 7/16x20x1 1/2" long #8 bolt. Been soaking in PB for about 2 days hit with air wrench about 3 short licks and boom off in my hand. Been scared about both clutches. Was told my cart was maybe a 92 and for the looks of everything they been on there since.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car