lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2023, 04:14 PM   #1
cc_newb
Not Yet Wild

Default solenoid and cable upgrade

I'm still planning out my first set of upgrades. Landed on upgrading controller first, brand and exact size to be determined, but looks like as part of that I'll also need to upgrade the solenoid, solenoid diode, and cables as everyone recommends.

I don't see many tutorials out there to make the solenoid and cable upgrade, so curious how hard this is to do for someone new? Also, what are the exact cables that are needing to be upgraded? I presume between all the batteries, but what about between the controller, solenoid, motor, etc.

FYI - this would be for a 2011 Club Car Precedent. Controller would be 400amp plus, so would get 400amp solenoid and 2gage cables.
cc_newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: solenoid and cable upgrade

Give David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars a call; he will 'splain it all to you and hook you up! His info is at the top of the page under Site Sponsors.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 09:16 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: solenoid and cable upgrade

When upgrading cables all of the cables in the cart should be of the same size and age. If only some cables are upsized then the old smaller ones left become points of increased flow resistance, negating the effect of a few bigger cables.
Most people with a DIY attitude can make good cables. Start with a high pressure hand operated hydraulic pressure crimper from HF and use only high quality 2-4g cable, solid copper ends.
I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car