lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
fisciman
Not Yet Wild

Smile 2004 Precedent, need schematic and help!

Hi Guys,

I bought a off lease 2004 Precedent by Club Car that has worked well until this week! Problem is that the solenoid won't always click prior to engaging forward or reverse. When working intermittantly, it would always be preceded by that click of the solenoid before moving. Now, about every 20-30th time it will engage.

I've checked the fuses and switches with an ohmeter and the drive controller for infinite and .5 ohms polarity dependent.

I'm having trouble finding a schematic via Google for this model. Would anyone have one or could direct me to one?

It is currently in a Florida campground, so I get to play/work on it at 2-3 wk intervals.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Randy
fisciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Precedent, need schematic and help!

Welcome to the forum Randy.......................

Check the "stickies" at the top of the ELECTRIC CLUB CARS and see if there is one there. If not, someone will be along to help.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

I don't have a schematic handy, but have you tested the solenoid? Check the small posts to see if you get voltage there. If you do and don't hear solenoid click, then solenoid is faulty.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
fisciman
Not Yet Wild

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies! My power adapter died on the laptop in Florida, so I waited to get back home to reply!
I checked the solenoid as good, no voltage going to it. Thanks to the guy who sold it to me, I checked the pedal switch/pot and sure enough, the switch is very intermittant. Usually if you hear a mechanical switch click it will work, but not this time. It along with the pot is in a sealed black plastic box. That explains much! I think it is called the motor controller output or such, as it connected to what would be the gas pedal.
Any ideas where to purchase a replacement? It is a 2004 Precedent, but again, I'm 555 miles from the serial #!!

Many thanks,

Randy
fisciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #5
on18's
Getting Wild

Club Car

what camp ground in Florida.... i live here in florida and might be able to help you out on finding parts.jeffery allen is on 301 just south of I 4 in east tampa need a phone # let me know
on18's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

If you need parts, Tungpo1 (one of the paying site sponsors) lives in florida. Check with him he may be real close.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car