lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2018, 08:02 PM   #1
epa4wd
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO ST Sport 2+2 Lift Search (Old 3 bolt Steering)

Hello

I have a EZGO Sport 2+2 (factory 4 inch lift) with old style steering (3 bolts). I've been searching and I have been unable to find a lift kit for it.

Since it has an axle drop lift from factory, stock spindle steering arms are already raised from factory so tie rods clear the leaf springs.

I though of purchasing a spindle lift for a TXT, but spindle steering arms are flat, therefore I would have a clearance issue (Tie rods would not clear leaf springs)

I also thought of an axle drop for a TXT but for my model year I could only find a 5" kit and would have to purchase stock TXT spindles so steering raisers from the lift kit would fit the steering arms. Too much trouble for an additional 1" of lift IMO.

The only option I see (without going long travel) is buying a TXT stock axle and a 6" spindle lift for a TXT. If I'm not mistaken this should get me an addition 2" lift from stock and I wouldn't have any clearance issues due to TXT front axle.

I'm looking for input from you guys, if there is a lift kit I've overlooked, or if there is some kind of spacers for tie rods that would help me clear the leaf springs if I go with a TXT spindle lift with current axle.

Thanks
epa4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2018, 06:25 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO ST Sport 2+2 Lift Search (Old 3 bolt Steering)

On your Sport, are the springs bolted on top or below the axle?
StoveBolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:34 AM   #3
epa4wd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
On your Sport, are the springs bolted on top or below the axle?
Below the axle.

Regards
Ed.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:07 AM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

On a workhorse, I moved the springs to the top by getting another set of the triangle hold down parts (what ever they are called), laid them on top the axle with piece of rubber under them cut from a bicycle enter-tube (so they are not metal to metal and moving around), then bolted them down through the bottom brackets... cheap extra lift.

or you could weld them on if you want to deal with cleaning and painting.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:29 AM   #5
epa4wd
Not Yet Wild

What did you do for the steering rods?
Old 09-27-2018, 07:33 AM   #6
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

It was a Workhorse ST that have the raised spindle arms and cleared the springs.

also the tire rod tubes will be a little short so when readjusted the toe-in run the tie rod ends all the way in before hooking them up, so when you adjust by turning the tube both are even, as I recall about an inch of threads in the tube.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #7
Pezzy
Not Yet Wild

I also have a 3 bolt steering ezgo sport 2+2 and I’m looking for a nice long arm for it. Jakes use to sell a kit specially designed for the (3bolt) not sure why that isn’t the case. I’ll be giving them a call I guess looking for a winter project now.
Pezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts