lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2015, 06:27 PM   #1
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Noise Reduction

Hey Guys,
A few of you may remember a while back I started a thread about how to quite the 2 stroke down a little and my first thought was muffler wrap. After some help and thoughts from you guys here I decided that was not the best idea due to possible heat build up in the engine. The Fiberglass insulation works well under the body but is a real mess when you get in the mud or even get it wet. So here is what I come up with (See Pic) a BIG difference in noise level plus it can be hosed off after a rough day. THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INPUT!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart Dyna.jpg (92.5 KB, 0 views)
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
66DHARLEY
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Noise Reduction

That looks stunning (AKA expensive)!!
66DHARLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Thanks! what I like about it is that I should be able to just hose off the dust & mud. Was a little bit more then I would like to spend but so far I think it will be worth the work and $
Old 04-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #4
bigkahuna
Not Yet Wild

Did you buy the liner in a roll or separate sheets? Also, what thickness did you use? I have a '77 Harley w/2stroke engine that's pretty loud and was thinking of doing something similar. Thanks.
bigkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #5
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

This was in a roll (3ft X 5ft) it is 1/2" thick and I used 2 rolls. Check out Amazon. The glue on it is crazy, dont think I will have a problem with it coming loose. I like the idea of being able to just hose it off. Overall I am very happy with the outcome. GOOD LUCK!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson