lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
dfosterh
Not Yet Wild

Default Smart/float charger recommendations

I just got brand new batteries and think I want to replace my old PowerDrive (1 I think) and OBC with one of the smart chargers. Looking for a little guidance on some of the models I see out there.

First of all, my PowerDrive looks about as solid state as the Apollo 13. There's a coil, a couple diodes, the ammeter, and a relay. I'd have to think that even the most sophisticated OBC would not be able to get this thing to float charge correctly. Am I wrong on that?

So looking at models and their sophisticated battery charging and maintenance curves and graphs and wondering if they're worth it, and which one to buy.

First off, is there any hard data about how much they prolong battery life over an antiquated system like I have?

And finally, which one? I see DPI mentioned a lot in this forum. I've also seen Eagle touted as the very best of the best. And Schauer has one that looks comparable as well. For the price, Eagle better give me turbo boost and 10-year battery life.

Mind sharing your well-educated opinions?
dfosterh is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car