lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Rsharpie27
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2002 EzGo txt not running

Hello. I am a new golf cart owner and have spent many hours looking thru the forum for trouble shooting process. I am new to working on carts and not the brightest on electrical components. Bought the cart with new batteries and the cart would do nothing when I bought it. I started with charging the batteries. I then bench tested the motor to which it works. after looking at some treads I learned how to bypass the reed switch with a jumper and got the cart to at least buzz when putting it in reverse, so instead of leaving it bypassed I replaced it with a new one. I also learned to bypass the solenoid with a jumper and when I do that, with the key on, in forward and reverse, when I depress the gas pedal the tires spin so I thought it was a bad solenoid. I replace that today and it still is not working. Im not really sure what to check now. any help would be greatly appreciated..
Rsharpie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 EzGo txt not running

Hi, and welcome to BGW! When you say you hear "the tires spin", what does that mean? Does that mean that the cart moves, and spins thwe tires, or does the cart not move, but you hear the rear end spinning?
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Rsharpie27
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry for not being more clear. I have the cart up on jack stands. i guess what i am trying to say is that when i hooked up the jumper and bypasses the solenoid, with the key on and the pedal down it seemed that the cart worked. The wheels turned when i pushed the pedal.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

OK, so when you let the cart back on the ground and push the throttle, what happens?
Old 12-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
Rsharpie27
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i haven't put the cart back on the ground yet. once i take the jumper off of the solenoid i get nothing. I haven't tried to run it on the ground with the jumper on.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

I'm not familiar with the jumper thing, but is the motor still in the cart? Is there any reason you cant let the cart down to see if it will move under power?
Old 12-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
Rsharpie27
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

There is no reason i cant. I just went down and tried it, with the solenoid bypassed with a jumper.... the cart moves but very slow. without the solenoid bypassed the cart does nothing..
Old 12-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

have you checked your connections at motor and f-n-r switch? I have seen the f-n-r switch board "melt" and not let the contacts make contact.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #9
Rsharpie27
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have checked all the wires and everything looks good. The F/R switch looks fine and appears to work?? when i put it in reverse the buzzer comes on.... could the F/R switch still be bad? Could the F/R switch be bad if i bypass the solenoid and everything seems to work ok?
Old 12-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What type drive system do you have? (Series or PDS)

Sounds like you have more than one problem, so let's work on them one at a time.

First, when the battery charger is not plugged into cart, the key is ON and the F/R is in either F or R, the solenoid should click when the pedal is pushed.

If it doesn't, we need to know which drive system you have, so we are looking at correct schematic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO