lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Default 89 EZGO not running well

My cart isnt running very well so I thought I would see what you guys thought. It runs but not well. fuel comes out of the line but not like it should I dont think. The fuel pump, lines, filter, and seals all were replaced just over a year ago. There is some leakage from somewhere but I am not sure if it is the crank seals or the fuel pump leaking. What do you guys think? I am thinking about replacing the seals pump and filter again. Can you stack seals? Check out the pictures. Also could one of you snap a picture of your 3pg throttle/ governor linkage? My governor screw hits my intake.

cincinnati_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Default Re: 89 EZGO not running well

Anyone?
Old 07-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

I have a 1990 and had the same problem. I gently took the fuel pump apart and cleaned it out as well as the carb and cleaned the jets out. Made a huge difference, but I know this had not been done in the past year. The fuels today can jack up a fuel system by sitting just a few months though.
branman1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Well I went ahead and pulled the motor out of the cart and got it disassembled. I figured what the hell if I'm pulling it ou may as well rebuild it. The parts are on their way. New gaskets, piston, rings, fuel pump, etc.

When I was taking it apart I found out that the jug nuts were not tight and one was maybe finger tight. I have a feel that is what my problem was. We shall see when I get it all buttoned back up this week.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Does anyone know the stock bore size? I ordered the standard hoping I guessed right but I'm going to measure tonight with a set of ID mics.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Can't help you there bro, but is it too late to stick the motor back in and tighten everything up and run it?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #7
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

I just got done putting the motor back together. Everything went very well I found out standard bore size is 72 mm and my bore is right on size. I honed the jug and put a new piston and rings in.

I could have probably tightened it up and throw it back together but I figured the parts are cheap I may as well replace everything so I know the history and what the inside of the motor looks like. There wasn't much left of the jug gasket.

Tomorrow I am going to clean the carb put the clutch back on put the new fuel pump on and drop the motor back in. Ill let you guys know how it goes even though I don't seem to be getting the responses I once did on here.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Seems you have it well underway. Good luck bro! Let us know how it goes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO