lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
clintmatlock
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 Workhorse 350cc Belt size

I have a 2002 Workhorse with the 350cc Robin. It has the factory lift and I have 22" tires on it. It runs great as long as you keep the RPM up, the low end torque is not there. I have read in other forums changing the belt out for a 1" shorter will help with torque. Does anyone know what belt # would work. I contacted Napa and they have the belt number that was listed in the forum only problem its in Alaska only and with shipping your looking at a $50 belt. Does EZGO make a belt that is 1" shorter (41") and width (1 3/16"). I have been told the 2 stroke 94 model year some recomended has a different degree cut on the side of the belt. Who would of thought finding a belt would be so difficult. Thanks guys
clintmatlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 Workhorse 350cc Belt size

Welcome to BGW!

We all use the 2 stroke belt on the 4 stroke cart for 1" shorter application.... the sides soon wear to the sheaves.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:15 AM   #3
kingranch
Getting Wild

So i have the same exact problem..on my workhorse you can hear the engine revving up but quad wont start to move untill pedal is all the way depressed, Is that the belt? Or clutches
it drives great other than that.. i get 23 mph..is the governor still on it?
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
clintmatlock
Not Yet Wild

I noticed it was the belt, On mine the stock belt is pretty loose, if you watch it run while in neutral, the clutch does not catch the belt till its about half way closed or sandwiched which comes at a high RPM.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

IF your belt is old and worn thin & stretched out then a new drive belt may be all you need.

The shorter belt makes the cart hard to shift direction and decreases top speed.
I does increase hill climb ability
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
clintmatlock
Not Yet Wild

I replaced all the belts two weeks ago when I bought the cart and its the stock belt for it made by ezgo. Just out of curiosity because I am new around these things, how does the belt tension affect the shifting form forward to neutral or reverse?
Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #7
rocko
Gone Wild

I got a workhorse 350 ST with the Kawaski engine , I am no pro at the carts yet but would think that the shorter belt would put pressure on the gears sooner than a longer belt so you would be trying to shift with pressure on the gears , kinda like if you try and shift it at fast idler , it clunks
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO