lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2011, 06:40 AM   #11
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Not getting a full charge

The computer has a lockout circuit to help prevent the car from driving off while the charger is plugged in. It feeds negative to the small yellow solenoid wire when the charger is unplugged. The computer may be stuck in the lockout mode. You could bypass it by jumping a wire from that solenoid post to the b- post on your battery system.

Only do that if you have a physical handle for forward and reverse (not a button). Jumping the others systems causes smoke and a broken controller.

If that fixes the car, I still recommend getting a new computer. The charging side will soon follow.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2011, 07:25 AM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you bepass the low voltage circuit in the charger it will kinda sneak past the OBC if its bad and that just tells us what direction to help you, the cart and charger talk to each other.......so yes by messing with the charger we can tell you what might be wrong with the cart..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #13
suppermansteve
Not Yet Wild

Shadowman, u posted on another thread to look under the seat on the rear of the charge receptical theres a grey wire pull it and see if it comes out. Well it did, I soldered it back in place now thats fine but still have the same problem. Whats with the gray wire being common to come out. I haven't did the bypass on the charger yet, haven't had the time. Will do it tomorrow. Will keep ya posted.
suppermansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #14
suppermansteve
Not Yet Wild

Shadowman, u posted on another thread to look under the seat on the rear of the charge receptical there's a grey wire pull it and see if it comes out. Well it did, I soldered it back in place now that's fine but still have the same problem. Whats with the gray wire being common to come out. I haven't did the bypass on the charger yet, haven't had the time. Will do it tomorrow. Will keep ya posted.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

did you take the wire out of the receptical and solder it? did you use silver solder? i,m not certain you can repair that wire thats why they give you a new one in some OBC kits......that wire will rot and cause the kind of issues your having and since yours camp out it could be as simple as replacing it..........the receptical has to come out of cart and taken apart to do it........................
Old 05-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
suppermansteve
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Not getting a full charge

Ok, now I bypassed the relay on the charger with a jumper wire and the cart is charging fine. Still not sure whats going on?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its either the grey wire or the OBC i would replace the grey wire 1st and on a 2002 i don,t think they give you the grey wire with a new OBC if you can,t find one let me know i may have a new one up camp.................
Old 05-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #18
suppermansteve
Not Yet Wild

i re soldered the gray wire. Can you use any wire of the same value or is it somehow special? I did the whole jumper bypass thing on the charger and now the charger is steadily charging. But I want this thing to operate properly. Now what do I do.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

theres something different about that wire i beleive......your charger will not shut off with it bypassed so after 10 hours or so unplug it ......the only way to get it right if your grey wire is now ok is to replace OBC but again i would do that wire 1st if it works its much cheaper than a OBC..........................
Old 05-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #20
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok you asked the question but you do not want to do anything !!

1 do you know that the charger has a solenoid in it ?
2 do you know that the OBC controls this solenoid ?
3 do you know where the OBC is (in the cart)
jumping the plug takes the OBC out of the picture !!

5 download the manual and have a go at it yourself !
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car