lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default alltrax spm48225

Trying to wire this controller. My stock controller had a cable from position c on f/r switch to a2 on the controller. The wiring diagram for the Alltrax does not show the cable. Does this cable get eliminated? This on a 95 Medalist.
EZ RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: alltrax spm48225

When going from a 4 terminal control to a modern 3 terminal control, Controller terminal A2 is eliminated.
The 2 cables that went to Controller A2 now splice and make one cable from the motor to the F&R going around the controller.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 05:09 PM   #3
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

On my f/r switch terminal c I have one cable going to motor and another going to controller. So you are saying the cable should have went to controller then to motor. Regardless, I will follow diagram.
Old 01-30-2023, 06:19 PM   #4
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the controller and mzj-400a solenoid mounted and am getting it wired. I am using the SPM to EZGO TXT diagram. My old solenoid has a blue wire on the large battery side terminal and a black wire on the small neg side small teminal neither are shown on this diagram. Do I need them and what are they for. There were 2 black wire on that terminal but one is now going to the controller relay coil - terminal.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:22 PM   #5
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So according to a post by JohnnieB, the blue wire is the KSI voltage source. Do I still need this wire? The Alltrax spm controller has a red wire on the KSI terminal going to positive small terminal on solenoid.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:08 AM   #6
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I guess I will leave them off and see what happens. If it dont go I will attach 1 wire at a time. Just dont want to ruin any components. If it were easy anybody could do it. Any suggestions, Im all ears.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:25 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Diagram https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...4-WIRE-DIA.pdf
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:28 AM   #8
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That drawing isnt even close to what I have, even the large cables are different. I think I should use the 1994.5 - present. Also, my cart has the 4 wire plug going to the controller with wire colors red,black,white and orange if that matters.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:39 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You may be overthinking this making it more difficult than necessary.
All the controllers and solenoids have the same basic connections.
There is more than one way to make this cart work - which is why you see conflicting diagrams. Simply pic an Alltrax diagram and follow it entirely. Meaning don't use part of this and part of that diagram.
Here is one below that will work. Simply ID the B- B+ M- terminals on your control. let the pedal switch power the solenoid and the control and plug in the throttle wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR EZGO rotary EZ575.JPG (193.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 12:18 PM   #10
EZ RIDER
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I am following the drawing from Alltrax for the SPM to E-Z-GO TXT 1994.5- Present. If you look at that drawing, there is no blue wire going to battery side on solenoid. If indeed this blue wire powers the KSI do I also use the red wire going from +side small terminal on solenoid to the Alltrax controller KSI terminal. That is my concern. So if I follow this diagram I should leave the blue and black wires off. My cart also does not have the third wire for the charging port just the 2 large wires,SB50. Not trying to over think this just trying to not screw something up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO