lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
Qmartin
Not Yet Wild

Default Did I Make A Expensive Paperweight?

My wife and I were down in Florida at a race last week, we left Sunday evening and had around 54 volts in the pack. It was a couple days worth of driving to get back home, finally got everything put away etc and went to put the cart on the charger and the BMS app showed 41.06 volts in the pack. Key wasn't on, lights weren't on the only thing I saw on was the stock yellow light on the Club Car dash. I can't get the app to bluetooth connect to the BMS, I've pulled the pack out of the cart, individual cells are around 2.9 volts per cell. I have a hobby grade charger and considered trying to bring each cell up a little individually to save me $600, but not worth burning the house down either? The BMS was flashing a cell undervoltage protection alarm when I opened the app but now it won't even connect so I'm a little confused as to what's going on here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1 (1).jpg (160.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image0 (3).jpg (63.2 KB, 0 views)
Qmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #2
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Did I Make A Expensive Paperweight?

Log on to the BMS, change the minimum voltage to 2.5v and the charger will start and bring it back to normal. No issues with 41V causing anything permanent. Then reset your minimum as you had it programmed before.

You should still be able to connect as you show in the picture. The alarm will go away when you lower the minimum. Git-er-done soon before going below 35V.

I always get rid of that old light, but in this case it indicated the pack was low, but I will still get rid of it.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #3
Qmartin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Log on to the BMS, change the minimum voltage to 2.5v and the charger will start and bring it back to normal. No issues with 41V causing anything permanent. Then reset your minimum as you had it programmed before.

You should still be able to connect as you show in the picture. The alarm will go away when you lower the minimum. Git-er-done soon before going below 35V.

I always get rid of that old light, but in this case it indicated the pack was low, but I will still get rid of it.
That is what's odd, I can't connect to the BMS via the app with bluetooth. I will have to try and plug in with my laptop and see if that works.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:06 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

It seems that when I was testing my BMS and my pack shut off the only way I could get it to restart was by plugging in the charger.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you try unplugging the bluetooth adapter plug from BMS and reseating it. When you first plug it in the blue light on BT module will show it being powered up. Otherwise, definitely try the PC connection.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #6
Qmartin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Did you try unplugging the bluetooth adapter plug from BMS and reseating it. When you first plug it in the blue light on BT module will show it being powered up. Otherwise, definitely try the PC connection.
I did not, ended up using the pc software to lower the values and then was able to charge it up.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:09 AM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Perfect. Glad it worked out.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #8
Qmartin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Perfect. Glad it worked out.

Thanks for the info, was sweating there for a minute...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car