lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #1
SFAJeff
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Tomberlin Bushing Removal

Bought a used 2010 Tomberlin and it has play in the front suspension if you hold the wheel at 12 and 6 and wiggle. Bought new upper and lower bushings as well as the inner sleeve.

I have everything apart and am trying to figure out how to press the old bushings out. Anyone have any pointers?

The inner spacer is also stuck on the clevis, suggestions for that are also appreciated, thanks!
SFAJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #2
SFAJeff
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 Tomberlin Bushing Removal

PB Blaster and heating the old sleeve with a torch allowed for the removal of the old sleeve from the clevis pin. Still looking for a solution to get the old bushings out though.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

whoa whoa whoa.

don't heat. I doubt you even would need bushings. One of the best front suspensions there is. Ive never even seen one loose or close to worn out and Ive worked on hundreds of tomberlins. Even if you did have to get them out, they just push out.
Lets say they are stuck. Just remove the front Arm and tap them out in a vise
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:05 PM   #4
SFAJeff
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply, we may be talking about two different things. I am not trying to replace the bushings on the A-Arms. The bushings I am trying to replace are 5-8 and 5-9 on the illustrated parts list, 21 and 22 in the illustration in the maintenance manual. They are the Brass Inner Bushings for the Spindle that fit over the Inner Spacer on the Clovis Pin.

The documents are bugger than the upload allows so I put links below.

Parts List

Maintenance Manual
Old 07-15-2017, 08:26 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

OK Never seen those stuck either.

If they are stuck, Take a torch and heat the spindle, then drive the king pin out.

That's strange that those bushings would be worn out. Once the king pin is out, you can drive out those bushings
Old 07-15-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
SFAJeff
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, it's the driving out the bushings step that I am stuck on. Is there a method that you have used to do this? A certain tool that I need?

At this point I am thinking of picking up a 1" tap to cut threads into the old bushing and then using the tap as something to bang on to get the bushings out.

I am planning on using my bench vise or a C clamp to press the new bushings in, but I need to get the old ones out first.

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:17 AM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Usually just a punch will drive them out
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin