lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #1
STR8UP
Not Yet Wild

Default bad boy buggy sevcon controller swap

I have a 2012 bad boy buggy, sevcon millipak controllers 633T45320.
both are dead.
can I use another controller or a whole wiring and controller system from any other 48v cart? I have another control sevcon millipak 633T45330 from a parcar but it has more pins and I don't know how to wire it to my 12 pin harness. does anyone know how to do this or if other controllers will work.
if someone has 1 or 2 good 633T45320 controllers I would love to buy them if price is right.
thanks
STR8UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
kgros3773
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: bad boy buggy sevcon controller swap

I am in the same boat you are in. I am dealing with a company called Radwell to purchase 2 controllers. The only thing I am worried about is the firmware that has to be installed so my local Bad Boy dealer can program them. I think they are around $600 brand new and $85 to program both at the dealership. These controllers are crap. I have a 2012 Classic and one went out after 2 years and cost $1200 to replace at Bad Boy dealer. Now both controllers are giving fault codes that indicate the controller is bad.
kgros3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Flight Systems tests these units and can replace them. They have Sevcon support on these units and can usually provide the necessary software for the application.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
STR8UP
Not Yet Wild

I have requested info from the same company. they can get me a new controller for around $900 canadian which is about $2 us. LOL it would be about $600usd. your right then it has to be programmed.
also I did try to go through the flight simulator site mentioned but I couldn't navigate it so to speak. lol. found web site confusing and didn't get anywhere.
thinking about buying gas powered golf cart and converting bad boy. or using a ATV 4x4 drive line.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:31 PM   #5
STR8UP
Not Yet Wild

besides speed control and reverse. Why do I need the controllers?
why can't I just run power through the pedal /switch then to the solenoids . that way solenoids will energize when I push the pedal. if i add a dc 48v switch I should be able to reverse the motors through the switch. the only thing is it will be full throttle all the time.
does this sound like it would work or am I way out in left field?
Old 07-05-2017, 12:09 PM   #6
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8UP View Post
besides speed control and reverse. Why do I need the controllers?
why can't I just run power through the pedal /switch then to the solenoids . that way solenoids will energize when I push the pedal. if i add a dc 48v switch I should be able to reverse the motors through the switch. the only thing is it will be full throttle all the time.
does this sound like it would work or am I way out in left field?
What you are describing was how they old resistor carts worked. It was terribly inefficient for battery life however and you end up with a space heater under the seat.

There is also little to no safety features or controlled acceleration. The controller handles the rate at which the system comes up to speed as well as opening the contactor if some issue is found on the system, this prevents a runaway vehicle. The separately excited motor build also allows more accurate speed control and the ability to change directions without use of external hardware (directional contactors).
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #7
ScottA58
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgros3773 View Post
I am in the same boat you are in. I am dealing with a company called Radwell to purchase 2 controllers. The only thing I am worried about is the firmware that has to be installed so my local Bad Boy dealer can program them. I think they are around $600 brand new and $85 to program both at the dealership. These controllers are crap. I have a 2012 Classic and one went out after 2 years and cost $1200 to replace at Bad Boy dealer. Now both controllers are giving fault codes that indicate the controller is bad.
I have a 2012 BBB Classic and I am trying to troubleshoot right now.

How did you do to determine your controllers were bad? What was the trouble code the controllers were displaying?

I am getting 4 green flashes on the LED, indicating it is a problem with the contactors or an open motor circuit. I replaced the contactors (they did not "click" when key was turned), but I am still getting the same error code. I have determined that I am not getting a (-) negative from either controller to either solenoid.

Did you end up replacing your controllers?
ScottA58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:12 PM   #8
Montejano21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you find any info on the swap? What did you end up going to get it running?
Montejano21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:02 AM   #9
Carts Zone
Getting Wild

Edited
Carts Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:37 AM   #10
egb629
Not Yet Wild

Alltrax is finalizing a conversion from Sevco controller to Alltrax controller they have the 4wd completed, I am helping with the BBB BB-2 conversion
egb629 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad boy buggy, millipak, speed controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO