Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2016, 03:31 AM   #1
BuggieMaverick
Not Yet Wild

Default Wanted: Club Car clutch set

I have a '84 Club Car with the skinny belt that I'd like to upgrade to a newer style (1988+ model years) due to vibrations and shifting issues, but spending $400+ on a new set isn't appealing.

Please let me know if you have a used clutch set that you would be willing to sell. I'd even be happy with just getting a used drive clutch to help save on money.

Thanks for looking.
BuggieMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wanted: Club Car clutch set

I have a clutch from my 97 club car rear end that's in great shape. Don't know if that's driven or drive. Regardless, I have one. If you're interested, pm me. I'll let it go for cheap plus shipping.
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:30 AM   #3
BuggieMaverick
Not Yet Wild

I will send a PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:36 PM   #4
yerigga
Not Yet Wild

I am in the same boat. I need a new drive clutch for my 87 club car ds gas. Can i put a clutch from a newer club car on it? are the crank shaft sizes the same? if so what years? Will i also need to change the driven clutch as well?
yerigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:11 PM   #5
BuggieMaverick
Not Yet Wild

Short Answer: No, you cannot just change one clutch to a new style on the '84-'87 Club Cars.

Long Answer: The '84-'87 Club Cars used a skinnier belt than the newer styles (15/16"-ish vs 1"). There is also an image floating around this forum which shows a belt alignment issues if you combine a new style clutch with an older style clutch.

So you are stuck rebuilding your old clutch if you can find parts, finding a replacement used clutch in good enough shape, or replacing both clutches with newer style ones (with a new belt of course).

The only positive is that the crank size and transmission shaft size is the same between the old styles and new styles, so you can use the '88+ clutches and wider belt if you decide to buy both new clutches.

I've decided to rebuild my driven clutch to buy me some time unless a used newer style clutch set comes along for cheap enough.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts