lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
dgcurtis
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Not getting full charge

I recently bought a new set of Trojan T-875. I let the charger charge them until it shutoff. The voltage across the entire pack is 50.7

I've read on the forum about the break in period so I've been getting the batteries down to 80% and then recharging them but they never will get any higher than 50.7 volts. Also, the battery meter drops fairly fast.

Today after a ride, the battery meter had dropped 4 bars (I need to buy a digital meter from Scotty). The voltage when I got back was 49.4 volts. I spent a little time (maybe 5 minutes) checking the individual voltage on each battery. They all started out at 8.25 volts. I noticed that after I checked the last battery and went back to check the first, it's voltage was now 8.27. I repeated this and by the time I went to head back inside, the first battery was reading 8.33.

The OBC is a new one that I purchased so I would hope that it's not the problem. I've tried two different chargers with the same results. The charging receptacle along with the wires for it is new. The only thing I can think of is maybe I screwed up making one of the 4g battery cables. One of them was slightly warmer than the rest. Would an improperly crimped cable be causing some resistance and causing the issues I am seeing?

Thanks,

Doug
dgcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car