lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2022, 03:56 PM   #1
Fisherob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help with Shock install

Hello everyone, This is my first post. I am installing rear shocks on my 2001 EZGO TXT. They are coil over shocks on a 6inch lift kit. To get them on I had to loosen the four bolts that hold the lift block so I could pull up the bottom shock plate that is above the leaf spring to attach the shock enough to tighten the bolt. I then tightened all four bolts on the shock plate which compressed the top shock rubber bushing to about the size of the washer where I think it should be. The issue is the bushing that is below the top mount does not compress. the issue is the same on the bottom mount plate. the bottom bushing compresses but the one on top of the bottom plate does not. Would this be because the rear axle is still up on jack stands? I was afraid to put the tires on an lower it in case I did something wrong. I'm thinking the shock needs to be under load. Am I correct?
Fisherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2022, 06:08 PM   #2
binder49
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help with Shock install

What I did on my 95 medalist was put shock extensions on the bottom. Automotive extensions work great.
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:14 PM   #3
Fisherob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by binder49 View Post
What I did on my 95 medalist was put shock extensions on the bottom. Automotive extensions work great.
Are shock extensions needed? Its almost like the shock needs to be shorter so the bushings snug on the bottom and top
Old 11-23-2022, 07:18 PM   #4
binder49
Gone Wild

The bushings are flattening because with the lift kit, the shocks are not long enough. Mine was the same way with a 4" lift
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:57 PM   #5
Fisherob
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well my nephew is an auto mechanic and brought over some shock extenders but was able to get away with replacing the bushings with 4 larger bushings and worked great, There really wasn't to much to make up. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO