lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
bconne1
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 EZGO not running/running very slowly

I've read through some threads before registering and starting this one, but I apologize in advance if my questions are tired.

As stated, I've got a 2010 EZGO electric cart. I've got the run/tow switch so I gather that makes mine a PDS. We are the original owners.

A few months ago we noticed that the cart was travelling at about half speed (no confirmation via GPS or anything, but we can all tell when our machine is underperforming). Ultimately it failed to run at all. Figuring the batteries were nearly 4 years old, we bought an entirely new array. The problem remained. A several hundred dollar investment probably isn't troubleshooting step #1, but what's done is done.

I performed a diagnostic test and got four beeps. I couldn't discern if it was 1-3 or 3-1 or 2-2, but the number of beeps along with the symptoms I believed my speed sensor is bad or otherwise not performing correctly. However, I do not own a pair of snap ring pliers so disassembling the motor/speed sensor seems like it's out of the equation.

I performed the "roll test" and got the requisite beeps. I put the cart on jack stands and with no weight on the rear tires they spun exceptionally quickly when the pedal was depressed. When jacked back down the cart would barely crawl.

Is it possible the motor is damaged or bound somehow? Is it time to call it quits and bring it to a professional? I opened the controller shroud but had no clue what I was looking at. I didn't see where any of my wires or posts were labeled B+ or B- but I did find 35-36 VDC between two large lugs up top. When the pedal was depressed, the tires spun extremely fast and that voltage dropped to about 25 VDC.

In any event, I appreciate any help you all can provide.

Thanks in advance.
bconne1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO